Page 11 of 41 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: VP9 updates?

Quote Originally Posted by Peally View Post
    Usually when I spend decent money on things and I notice stuff like that it's disappointing. It's a cheap ass 500 dollar handgun and it doesn't impact function but it's still less than ideal craftsmanship. Not critical but could be better.
    Just wondering the insight you can provide about these three marks and how they are less than ideal craftsmanship? What are they from? How were they made? How do those answers indicate they are poor quality? Are you aware of the hk QC process and how it works? Why would they allow something to go out of it did not meet their specs?

I guess things are all relative. In my experience, $500 is toward the bottom end of pricing on duty grade handguns. Complaining about three marks that you don't know why they're there or what they're from seems petty. If you had paid $5,000 for a custom STI, you would have high expectations on all fronts. While tiny marks that are inconsequential may still be trivial in that case, I would understand being disappointed in the fit and finish because you don't the money for something polished.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. No View Post
    Just wondering the insight you can provide about these three marks and how they are less than ideal craftsmanship? What are they from? How were they made? How do those answers indicate they are poor quality? Are you aware of the hk QC process and how it works? Why would they allow something to go out of it did not meet their specs?

I guess things are all relative. In my experience, $500 is toward the bottom end of pricing on duty grade handguns. Complaining about three marks that you don't know why they're there or what they're from seems petty. If you had paid $5,000 for a custom STI, you would have high expectations on all fronts. While tiny marks that are inconsequential may still be trivial in that case, I would understand being disappointed in the fit and finish because you don't the money for something polished.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    I'm certain it does meet spec and it'll shoot fine for ages without issue, but if given the choice it's still amateur hour looking. Kinda like when I bought Dillon dies and they were rusted and dented out of the box, sure they worked 100% but it's still an oopsie and in a perfect world it'd be avoided. Or having my Dawsons start to rust right out of the gate.

$500 is cheap in the grand scheme of (mostly stupid) guns people buy but it's still at that point where you're competing against da Glacks. Just makes you think fuck's sake guys before you go out and blast some paper. Maybe that's petty, but I never lost sleep over me being petty. It's just a few teeny dents I probably wouldn't have noticed.
    Last edited by Peally; 02-26-2019 at 11:45 PM.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

There are a bunch of VP9L slides on GB for under $400 start prices, so supply seems to be increasing.

I have shot a VP9B most every day since November, try to run a bore snake and lube them every few weeks, and am still waiting for my first hiccup.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I have a NIB VP9 and my VP9L slide is due to arrive Monday. I was too late for the HK Forum Buy.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I have shot a VP9B most every day since November, try to run a bore snake and lube them every few weeks, and am still waiting for my first hiccup.
    If it came across as anything other than a genuine question before I apologize, but I really would like to know what it is about the longer slide that allows you to be more aggressive with your draw. I am planning to get one in the next few weeks.
    Last edited by DC_P; 03-03-2019 at 07:39 AM.
    Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

Quote Originally Posted by DC_P View Post
    If it came across as anything other than a genuine question before I apologize, but I really would like to know what it is about the longer slide that allows you to be more aggressive with your draw. I am planning to get one in the next few weeks.
    Sorry missed responding to this. The longer slide anchors the pistol better, allowing me to be more aggressive initially with my grip. With a shorter slide, with less anchoring it, I need to be more careful. This is same with 19 vs 34 for me.

Sorry missed responding to this. The longer slide anchors the pistol better, allowing me to be more aggressive initially with my grip. With a shorter slide, with less anchoring it, I need to be more careful. This is same with 19 vs 34 for me.
    Got it - thanks. I reread my post and was afraid, through the magic of the internet, it had come across as snarky or sarcastic.
    Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

See 2,000 round screw replacement warning:

Name:  0C9E59AB-18F2-45D9-AF07-4C90F548FFB6.jpg
Views: 747
Size:  49.5 KB

Does the long slide replacement cover come ready to mount a red dot?

To me it reads like you only need to replace the screws every 2000 if you didn't torque them correctly.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

User Tag List