Page 7 of 40 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: VP9 updates?

Talking to the HK staff at the Great American Outdoor Show, they were saying 3rd quarter of this year for the complete longslide pistols to be in stores.

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    Well, after an immediate flurry of reporting on the VP9, things have gotten pretty quiet regarding HKs new wundergun.

Anyone out there approaching significant round counts/and or course completions with the VP9 and willing to share insight?

Thanks!
    Necro reply here: I picked up a VP9 used. 2014 production. I talked with HK yesterday and they said there are zero changes to the gun except the universal 9/40 recoil spring now used.

Interestingly, mine will drop the striker to the striker block with a good whack, while multiple newer copies that @GJM owns will not.

However, I can not get the striker on mine to release with any sort of drop and I dropped it a lot.

Generally I think it is an awesome shooting pistol that is good to go, with an irritating, but irrelevant, habit of dropping the striker when attacked by a hammer.

I’ve been considering taking the vp9/vp9sk plunge, but I’m so heavily invested in the Glock eco-system that it makes it hard to switch. But reading a lot of the positive comments about the trigger, how much I find I like the 19x/45 setup, and seeing the Vp9L will actually exist (unlike the optics ready version) has me really close. I probably couldn’t resist a good sale or extra mags deal like they did in the past.

I have shot a VP9, multiple copies, nearly every day since late November. I have not had a single stoppage, malfunction, breakage, or had a striker release in normal operation. That is different than the PPQ, where I had multiple striker releases in “normal operation,” usually when I aggressively seated a magazine reloading on the clock. I can get the VP9 striker to release if, unloaded, I hold it by the barrel and whip the grip multiple times down on a hard surface. I am not aware of any instances where the firing pin block safety failed on a PPQ or VP9.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    That is different than the PPQ, where I had multiple striker releases in “normal operation,” usually when I aggressively seated a magazine reloading on the clock.
    Prior to installing an Apex trigger in my wifes PPQ Q5 Match I think she experienced the same striker release on magazine seating.
    There were a few times when I was RO'ing her she wouldn't get a bang after a reload (but of course we never stopped to see what it was) and I usually assumed it was just her hitting the slide release a fraction before the mag was seated and having an empty chamber.
    I haven't seen her have that issue at all since late last year when I put an Apex flat face trigger in it.
    Last edited by JodyH; 02-15-2019 at 12:06 PM.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Anyone shoot theirs yet?

Name:  IMG_6604.jpg
Views: 917
Size:  85.9 KB

Quote Originally Posted by jc000 View Post
    Anyone shoot theirs yet?
    Mine on the way, to arrive in a few days.

I have live fired one or the other of these two almost every day since November and they, the VP9 part, just plain run.

Name:  DA455959-FA9C-4018-9624-E2A909C8241C.jpg
Views: 887
Size:  78.4 KB

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I have live fired one or the other of these two almost every day since November and they, the VP9 part, just plain run.
    But the HK aficionado Pros tell me the VPs are the "cheap" H&K's, they can tell because under a 20x loupe the mold lines are visible and the slide engraving doesn't hold red Crayon like the "real" H&K's.
    No way an ignorant savage *hock* shooter *spit* such as yourself knows any better, especially when your guns are so filthy you can't even see your reflection in the finish.
    Now go away with your glorified filthy Hi-Points and leave us to our far superior USPs.

"For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Can’t remember if I have already mentioned this, but the rear sight on the new Trijicon fiber optic set is outstanding — great sight picture and VERY dehorned. They need to adopt this with the HD line. The Night Fision rear is sharp.

Vending Machine Operator
    I miss my VP9 still. A highly regretted sell.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

User Tag List