Page 20 of 40 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: VP9 updates?

Good move on HK and I like to see this.

17rd mags were prob due to a contract. It not like HK has not known people wanted higher capacity mags.

Also they have a maritime version but have not seen any other further development on it.

Like I have said a few times before all it needs is a Gadget...

Quote Originally Posted by EVP View Post
    Like I have said a few times before all it needs is a Gadget...
    Lack of manual safety or Gadget option is literally the only thing that has kept me away from the VP9.

These 2020 updates are a pretty compelling package to me though, and has me re-examining if I could do AIWB carry with the VP9 sans Gadget/manual safety.
    Last edited by Hunter Rose; 01-19-2020 at 02:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by xray 99 View Post
    Target Sights?
    TS =Thumb Safety

Optic cut out great

2 more rounds .....BFD

Thumb safeties are a desire with a small segment of the commercial market, irrelevant in LE, and in a duty weapon, yes, those two additional rounds are indeed a BFD.

First, I don’t think we know exactly what the story is with HK’s original decision to make the standard P30 magazine fifteen rounds. Did they test seventeen and decide that wasn’t reliable, did they originally have a contract calling for fifteen, did some engineer just think fifteen was plenty, was seventeen harder to seat a full magazine, or was there another reason. It is not like seventeen rounds in a Glock 17 magazine has been unreliable. Without knowing, it isn’t really reasonable to fret that seventeen will be unreliable, especially with HK’s reputation as a magazine manufacturer that also makes pistols.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    ...and in a duty weapon, yes, those two additional rounds are indeed a BFD.
    I recently went from carrying a 17 rnd. Sig to a 15 rnd. VP9 on duty...I have zero fret over the loss of 8 rounds (four total magazines) on my person. It's such a non-BFD for me that I have no plans on upgrading to the 17 rnd. mags when they come out.

If they offered a one-for-one swap? Sure, I'd take two free extra rounds...but I won't lose any sleep without them.
    Last edited by kwb377; 01-19-2020 at 07:00 PM.

Can we call the VP9 perfection yet?

Quote Originally Posted by CanineCombatives View Post
    The big takeaway is that now the VP9 is on a level playing field for ANY LE/GOV contract selection, between the button and this mag capacity and optics ready capability they have erased all handicaps that kept the VP9 on the sidelines here stateside, can’t wait to grab one.
    Funny, I like the paddle mag release. I think it is a much better design than the button.

Quote Originally Posted by EzGoingKev View Post
    Funny, I like the paddle mag release. I think it is a much better design than the button.
    While I think most of us would agree - it's not going to be a "easy transition" for LE agencies. The button will make them feel better.

I'd like to play with a vp9-b to see how quick it is. PPQ m2 is fast. But I have no issues with my paddle

Quote Originally Posted by EzGoingKev View Post
    Me too. I find it completely intuitive, quick (I use my trigger finger so don’t have to adjust my grip), and it’s always ambidextrous. It is all what you get used to I guess, but I don’t see what is not to like.
    Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

User Tag List