Page 4 of 41 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: VP9 updates?

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    The stippling on my P30S that I bought in Oct 2013 is mild. I wonder if they made changes? Really I was wanting something more aggressive.

I carry AIWB and mainly IWB at 3:00. Under a Tshirt the grip hasn't caused any problems with my skin
    I love vicious Jurassic texture on the pistol and my RTF2 Glocks are favs. But while they can be challenging to carry IWB at 3:30 for wanting to grab and hold fabrics, carried AIWB they do not seem to do that much. With a undershirt of course. RTF2 carried against skin is like putting a weasel in your pants.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

RTF2 carried against skin is like putting a weasel in your pants.
    Voice of experience, huh?

I'll note that shooting a RTF G19 in class got painful about 1400 on day two. Won't do that again.

The doc sewing me up asked if I knew anyone I wanted to donate a kidney to while he was at it.

I shot a RTF2 in our Hack class and by the end of day two I had a patch on my right palm that was planed pretty smooth but not too painful. They do wear off a little after awhile.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Just wanted to bump this thread and see if any people running the vp9 have any long term evaluations.

Have not heard much which assumes that the guns are running with minimal fuss. I have been thinking of picking a full-size or sk to play with again and a possible experiment with RMR.

Round counts, malfunctions, reliability(please don’t bring silly torture tests), parts breakage or replacement..?

I had 3,000 plus through mine before I sold it last fall.

0 malfunctions. Just clean periodically and Slip 2000.

Quote Originally Posted by EVP View Post
    Just wanted to bump this thread and see if any people running the vp9 have any long term evaluations.

Have not heard much which assumes that the guns are running with minimal fuss. I have been thinking of picking a full-size or sk to play with again and a possible experiment with RMR.

Round counts, malfunctions, reliability(please don’t bring silly torture tests), parts breakage or replacement..?
    Not much to report really. I'm on my second fairly high round count VP9, which has over 30k through it. There was nothing wrong with the previous one, a buddy wanted it and I like new guns sometimes.

No parts breakage, no parts replacement. The gun has had some malfs, but they were clearly user induced. One was with a failure reload when a .380 case made it it through my 9mm loading process. A few more when I experimented with a home-brew uncaptured guide rod and lighter springs. And I can get it to malf occasionally if holding it upside down with thumb and forefinger and firing with my pinky. Other than those instances it is completely reliable to-date. It is routinely exposed to sand and fine dust, sometimes rain and snow, temperatures from -5 to 110. I like it. It shoots great.
    Last edited by Talionis; 02-21-2018 at 01:06 PM.
    TY83544

No issues here, I think I'm like 7K into the one I have. That's not a lot of rounds but after my experiences with my used and abused HK45 I'm not worried.

I clean it maybe every 400 rounds and I'll preemptively swap the TRS at 10K as with all my handguns.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

Boringly reliable and accurate.

I have played around with the different sized grip panels out of boredom and curiosity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh, it gets slippery in the Southeastern Louisiana heat.

I wish it had the molded in stippling of the M&P2.0... [emoji53]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

While I don't have a high round count on my VP40 (only some 461 rounds, as I'm primarily concentrating on my P30L and Beretta 92D this year), its performed flawlessly. It's primary use to date has been as a woods gun that I feel comfortable both in using in that role and in passing it to my wife if needed on hikes; its ergos should work easily and comfortably for her. It also performed well as expected in an IDPA match shortly after I got it.

Best, Jon

User Tag List