Page 9 of 40 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: VP9 updates?

Quote Originally Posted by jc000 View Post
    Accuracy was pretty good. I haven't shot in months so wasn't expecting much. Didn't have the timer with me but was shooting controlled pairs and 10 round strings, maintained a fist-sized group at 7 yards. I thought the front sight tracked very well for me. POI was about 1.5" high using AE 115, looked like it was at POA (or closer to it) using S&B 115.
    That pistol should shoot fist size groups at 25 yards.

Quote Originally Posted by JBP55 View Post
    That pistol should shoot fist size groups at 25 yards.
    Yes. It’s me shooting. Not the pistol.

ETA: fist-sized controlled pairs at 25 yards? Definitely not in my hands…
    Last edited by jc000; 02-20-2019 at 03:19 PM.

Just got back from a VP range session after a few months of primarily shooting Gen5 Glocks.
    I forgot how easy it is to be accurate with the VP, there's less concentration required in the very final portion of the trigger press to keep things from tracking left like the Glock is want to do.
    I did some walk back shooting on my "3/4 scale" steel target (actually it's the same shape and dimensions as the "bottle" in a IALEFI-Q target).
    VP9SK, Night Fision sights, factory extended 13 round magazine, S&B 115gr. fmj.
    4/4 at 35 yards
    5/5 at 50 yards
    3/5 at 75 yards
    This is after not picking up a VP in several months and just a couple draw to hits on the steel at 25 yards to warmup a bit.
    That's almost as good as I can do with a RMR Glock 19X (I'm usually 4/5 or 5/5 at 75 with the RMR).
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    Just got back from a VP range session after a few months of primarily shooting Gen5 Glocks.
    I forgot how easy it is to be accurate with the VP, there's less concentration required in the very final portion of the trigger press to keep things from tracking left like the Glock is want to do.
    I did some walk back shooting on my "3/4 scale" steel target (actually it's the same shape and dimensions as the "bottle" in a IALEFI-Q target).
    VP9SK, Night Fision sights, factory extended 13 round magazine, S&B 115gr. fmj.
    4/4 at 35 yards
    5/5 at 50 yards
    3/5 at 75 yards
    This is after not picking up a VP in several months and just a couple draw to hits on the steel at 25 yards to warmup a bit.
    That's almost as good as I can do with a RMR Glock 19X (I'm usually 4/5 or 5/5 at 75 with the RMR).
    And why is this a surprise?

Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    And why is this a surprise?

Because "Marksman Barrel".

"For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Broke the striker indicator off my firing pin a couple weeks back but HK sorted it out for me. They replaced an out of spec sear group they found while they were in there as well. Won a club match while it was broken so it wasn't anything major and it gave me bragging potential.

I like it, and I'll stick with it for some time still. Unlike my previous firearm it doesn't actively hurt to shoot a lot and it's not a limiting factor for me making GM or winning section matches.
    Last edited by Peally; 02-20-2019 at 06:24 PM.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

Vending Machine Operator
    Accuracy is my strongest memory of my ~1500 rounds through the VP also. It is just very, very easy to hit the mark. Same reason I love my M2.0s.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Name:  8DB9E83A-DCD1-45A5-AFC7-142302893F18.jpg
Views: 966
Size:  50.9 KB

Initial impressions; Very nice! Barrel to slide fit is tighter than I expected. OEM upper has a better finish though, long slide has minor tooling marks and actual dings (small) on the underside of the rails. Never seen that on an HK before but don’t really care either. This will be a shooter, hope to get to the range tomorrow.

I just picked up a VP9 LE, my first H&K, and I am pretty impressed with it so far. Hoping to get to the range in the next few days. I primarily own SIGs and the higher end 92 Berettas, an LTT, a Brig Tac and a Cen Tac. Fit and finish seem first rate, the trigger seems very nice and I really like the ergos so far. Nice looking pistol also. It is my first pistol with a trigger dingus, but it seems very unobtrusive.

My VP9L slide came in. Shot it this afternoon, and it seems very accurate. Not sure how much is the upper and how much the additional sight radius — probably some of both. Tony at JM sent me a VP9 shell with an open bottom, which fits fine, although now he will be making a full barrel coverage shell. The longer barrel allows me to be more aggressive on the draw. Sending it to Primary later this week to be direct milled with a DP Pro.

Name:  97F5DE04-942F-4F74-A126-7C3DBE7B7D63.jpg
Views: 739
Size:  46.3 KB

Name:  4199947E-1914-402D-958A-AAAE1F09FA56.jpg
Views: 706
Size:  23.5 KB
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List