Page 33 of 41 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast

Thread: VP9 updates?

A manual safety VP9 would be nice indeed, for us old guys who grew up on 1911’s, or for that extra AIWB confidence. They made the button model available, as a limited release, and obviously they could offer the safety model as well, except... numbers. The accountants probably decided it wouldn’t be worth the cost.

If you look very carefully, you can see the location for the lever on the normal VP9 frame, where they pulled the mold slide pin that would be in place for the safety model frames.

Inside the sear block, there’s a pass-through, perhaps for a lever as well.

It would be interesting to see if the VP9 could accept the safety parts, with the appropriate modification to the frame, as in the P365 non-safety models. Not interesting enough for me to try, mind you, just interesting.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Quote Originally Posted by Archer1440 View Post
    A manual safety VP9 would be nice indeed, for us old guys who grew up on 1911’s, or for that extra AIWB confidence. They made the button model available, as a limited release, and obviously they could offer the safety model as well, except... numbers. The accountants probably decided it wouldn’t be worth the cost.

If you look very carefully, you can see the location for the lever on the normal VP9 frame, where they pulled the mold slide pin that would be in place for the safety model frames.

Inside the sear block, there’s a pass-through, perhaps for a lever as well.

It would be interesting to see if the VP9 could accept the safety parts, with the appropriate modification to the frame, as in the P365 non-safety models. Not interesting enough for me to try, mind you, just interesting.
    Indeed, it's clear, since the VP9-SF is still available over in Yurrup that the VP9 thumb safety could be rather easily implemented into the line. Or even offered as a post-factory installed option. I'd go buy two VP9s and a VP9SK if I could get a thumb safety kit. Even if it meant sending them all to HK-USA and paying for parts and the install.

As far as I know the levers and safety are not available from HK-USA certainly and not the mothership either. If they were, I'd be tempted to try my hand at this myself.

Oh well.

15 round to 17 round conversion kit: https://us.hkwebshop.com/hkstorefron...kit/p/50247185

Use HK15 for free shipping and 15% off.

Speaking with H&K CS, there are no plans to sell the follower by themselves, which is quite disappointing for me.

Is it only the follower that was altered to allow two extra rounds? Or is the spring baseplate thingy also different?

Quote Originally Posted by javemtr View Post
    Is it only the follower that was altered to allow two extra rounds? Or is the spring baseplate thingy also different?
    You need baseplates to perform the conversion as well as the springs and followers. All three components are different.

Anyone have the Chip Wiz 509T plate for the HK OR? If so how is it, and do the factory BUIS work through the optic?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Just received the conversion kit. I can now very easily fit 27 rounds into the 20 round tube with a TF +5; there's room for another half-ish round on top. In a 15 round tube with a TF +5, I can squeeze in 22, about as tight as they would be at 20 with the old follower.

Interesting- please let us know how it performs with live-fire when you get a chance. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Anyone have the Chip Wiz 509T plate for the HK OR? If so how is it, and do the factory BUIS work through the optic?
    I picked up the 2020 OR slide, for my really old VP9. The CHPWS plate fits well, and seems solid. The factory XS sights are visible through the 509T. I have not had a chance to shoot it yet, hopefully next month.

Nice. The PMM comp really makes a notable difference with the right ammo, if that’s something you might be interested in with that threaded barrel.

User Tag List