Page 37 of 40 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast

Thread: VP9 updates?

Someone from Europe just posted on HKPRO reporting a dead striker with an in-battery reloads.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by APS-PF View Post
    This is a fully cocked design I think so if there had been a round chambered it would have fired?
    The striker block itself requires a circular motion in the horizontal plane to disengage. A strike on the butt won't be capable of inducing that motion.

Regarding the dead trigger issue, I have noticed when people are reproducing the issue they hold the pistol by the muzzle. Has anyone tried to reproduce the problem with the pistol in a duty holster? That would, presumably, be how the pistol is carried when the butt is struck against a wall or the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    Someone from Europe just posted on HKPRO reporting a dead striker with an in-battery reloads.
    I occasionally experienced the same with a Walther, when vigorously seating a magazine.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TSH View Post
    Regarding the dead trigger issue, I have noticed when people are reproducing the issue they hold the pistol by the muzzle. Has anyone tried to reproduce the problem with the pistol in a duty holster? That would, presumably, be how the pistol is carried when the butt is struck against a wall or the ground.
    I have done it with a firing grip and hitting a table, with 100% consistency. It does take a pretty firm hit, but no more than someone falling on their back (if the grip took the brunt).

Quote Originally Posted by jeep45238 View Post
    I have done it with a firing grip and hitting a table, with 100% consistency. It does take a pretty firm hit, but no more than someone falling on their back (if the grip took the brunt).
    Yeah, I would guess that’s probably the same as holstered. Thanks.

Site Supporter
    A vast majority of my range ammo is 115 grain (more economical than 124 - 147grain), and I recently shot the last bit of 124grain to find a significant difference in accuracy at 25 yards - I just don't have any 127 or 147 that isn't HST or Gold Dot, so it's not really a fair comparison for range ammo. This was with a VP9.

I'm curious if anybody has noticed a trend with their VP9's (or HK's in general) regarding a favor towards different bullet weights in 9mm. Thanks!

Holosun now lists the VP9 model SCS sight on their website. Very tempting.... but.... China. Not so tempting from that perspective.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Thy.Will.Be.Done View Post
    Holosun now lists the VP9 model SCS sight on their website. Very tempting.... but.... China. Not so tempting from that perspective.
    You can get a HK made plate for about $30 for 4 or 5 different footprints and put anything on to your heart's desire.

That said, the Chineseum must be strong if you went to the manufacturer website to find if the SCS is made for the HK yet :-)

Quote Originally Posted by jeep45238 View Post
    You can get a HK made plate for about $30 for 4 or 5 different footprints and put anything on to your heart's desire.

That said, the Chineseum must be strong if you went to the manufacturer website to find if the SCS is made for the HK yet :-)
    I love the design, this really seems to be the future... ie. optics made for specific handgun cuts to avoid plates, etc.

I actually saw this on the HK forum and thought I'd share here since I know it will interest some.

User Tag List