Page 28 of 40 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Thread: VP9 updates?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by cornstalker View Post
    Can't happen on an unmodified Glock. One leg of the cruciform on the trigger bar rests on a shelf in the trigger housing that prevents it.

Or is a Glock considered DA because the striker is not fully pretensioned?
    ATF defines the Glock as DA because the striker is only partially tensioned. It was what let Glock dominate the US LE market. “Look boss, ATF says it is double action only just like our revolvers!”

Well, that and Glock taking the chief to the Atlanta gold club during his “factory tour.”

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Guess I can post my semi-annual HK rant.

Why the frack can't they introduce a Glock 19 sized, 5" high, VP9 compact?

I mean seriously. The 5.5" high VP9 is too big for us with M hands. The VP9SK is too short. Something like a VP9c, that natively accepted USPc 13 round magazines. Arrghh. I've shot a VP9SK and it was like a laser. The grip needed to be just this " " much longer.

Ok. I feel better now.
    I have medium size hands and have absolutely no problem carrying and firing the VP9. It has been my duty gun since 2015 and carried concealed every day.
    I had a VP9SK and hated it because of its weird size. By the time I added any kind of extension to the magazine it was practically VP9 size anyway. I don’t see the point in a 5” tall VP9.

Meh, rare in the extreme...not a worry.

One data point to add to the mix.

Because the VP9 is my soulmate and all things being equal I’d like to be able to rekindle the flame, I banged the living shit out of a VP9 and two VP9SKs this evening.

The bad news - my human soul mate expressed more than a little annoyance with the noise.

The good news - no striker drops.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanye Wyoming View Post
    One data point to add to the mix.

Because the VP9 is my soulmate and all things being equal I’d like to be able to rekindle the flame, I banged the living shit out of a VP9 and two VP9SKs this evening.

The bad news - my human soul mate expressed more than a little annoyance with the noise.

The good news - no striker drops.
    With or without the little blue pill?

Site Supporter
    Given the 2020 update for 17 round mags and standard optic plate system, I grabbed one and like it a lot more than I thought I would. Except for one damn thing.

The rear dovetail had to get moved back to make room for the plate - and there's no suppress height sights out there for this new location. Straight 8's will not come anywhere close to working, and a ton of modification shows that the roll-pin for their EZ lock doesn't get fully into the dovetail and the rear sight overhangs quite a bit. Fine for now since it hasn't been vetted and isn't being carried until gear gets here and regular sights go back on, but - who the hell makes suppressor height sights that will fit the new VP9's?

The 2020 VP9 uses the regular VP9/P30 front sights and the rear sight geometry of the P2000. So you need to look for anything that fits a P2000 rear dovetail.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Guess I can post my semi-annual HK rant.

Why the frack can't they introduce a Glock 19 sized, 5" high, VP9 compact?

I mean seriously. The 5.5" high VP9 is too big for us with M hands. The VP9SK is too short. Something like a VP9c, that natively accepted USPc 13 round magazines. Arrghh. I've shot a VP9SK and it was like a laser. The grip needed to be just this " " much longer.

Ok. I feel better now.
    I feel ya. The SK with 13rnd mag is the sweet spot for me as well. I haven't drunk the H&K kool-aid though. I have it on an I.V. drip.
    You will more often be attacked for what others think you believe than what you actually believe. Expect misrepresentation, misunderstanding, and projection as the modern normal default setting. ~ Quintus Curtius

VP9 + Thumb Safety = My paddle mag release 1911'ish gun that I want.

Until then, I guess I'm going to build a USP 9, with match-hybrid LEM (minus match trigger) and a manual safety.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by javemtr View Post
    The 2020 VP9 uses the regular VP9/P30 front sights and the rear sight geometry of the P2000. So you need to look for anything that fits a P2000 rear dovetail.
    Thanks - from the sounds of HK's customer service department and a couple sight manufacturers, it's coming soon. I'll verify with them after it's made there's no funkiness going on from a zeroing perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    VP9 + Thumb Safety = My paddle mag release 1911'ish gun that I want.
    I'd be alright with that, but if I'm going for 1911ish I'll take the push button frame.

User Tag List