Page 23 of 40 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: VP9 updates?

Quote Originally Posted by Thy.Will.Be.Done View Post
    I also cannot fathom how a sweat shield would ever cover a magazine release? I have always thought it was meant to cover you from the hard/sharp safeties/decocking levers digging into your flesh and maybe keeping the slide from staying drenched.
    Nearly every hybrid holster covers the mag release.

He didn't actually press mag release in holster though, so not really what we are looking at IMO.
    True, but as I said he has several videos where he does this, including releasing the mag while the gun is holstered, I just can't find it at this time.

You can't see the gun in this video, but beginning around the :55 mark you can watch Clint Smith top off a mag while his gun is holstered.

Admin reload is never done while you're in combat obviously (unless its for one handed manipulation). It's only to be done between strings of fire on a range.

That's why almost every single safariland model has the ability for you to eject the magazine while the gun is holstered.

Admin reloads have been apart of LE training for quite a while.
    Last edited by RANDY_MARSH; 01-21-2020 at 05:06 AM.

For a range holster, sure why not... but for any serious carry for personal protection I cannot get behind this idea at all. Are there ANY top instructors teaching this sort of reload in the holster?
    Langdon does for the reasons previously stated.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

I think the optics ready VP9 has landed at SHOT.

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...y-vp9-and-sp5/
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by Wondering Beard View Post
    Administrative reloading to minimize waving around the gun.

Let's say you're at a class or a qualification, you've just shot your string and want to put a fresh mag in. You can do a "tac reload" or you can holster, remove the partially empty mag with the gun in the holster and replace with a fresh mag. Or you're behind the firing line, realize you need to put a fresh mag in, but can't unholster the gun because you're behind the line.

Being able to replace mags without having to remove the gun from the holster is capability we all should have.
    Not important to everyone
    Last edited by Alpha Sierra; 01-21-2020 at 08:22 AM.

I like that they’re going to have blacked out rear sights with a high visibility front sight.

For a range holster, sure why not... but for any serious carry for personal protection I cannot get behind this idea at all. Are there ANY top instructors teaching this sort of reload in the holster?
    Not as experienced as many here, but I have taken pistol classes with Langdon, Panone, JJ Racaza, Aaron Barruga, and other, less known instructors. To the best of my recollection, the only instructor who didn't allow an admin reload in the holster was Jerry Jones (OpSpec Training). Jones explained he doesn't like the possibility of improperly seating the magazine, resulting in a dropped mag when the pistol is drawn.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark D View Post
    Not as experienced as many here, but I have taken pistol classes with Langdon, Panone, JJ Racaza, Aaron Barruga, and other, less known instructors. To the best of my recollection, the only instructor who didn't allow an admin reload in the holster was Jerry Jones (OpSpec Training). Jones explained he doesn't like the possibility of improperly seating the magazine, resulting in a dropped mag when the pistol is drawn.
    Always bump the bottom of the magazine and then tug on it to insure it is secured when doing this reload.
    If you can not pull it out it Will Not Drop Out when the pistol is drawn.

User Tag List