Page 12 of 41 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: VP9 updates?

Jody and/or George...

Are the VP9SK’s as inherently accurate as the FS guns?

I’ve thought about getting one from CDNN on the cheap and having it killed for an RMR2. I have no RMR equipped guns and I thought one on a shorter slide gun made better sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ed L View Post
    Does the long slide replacement cover come ready to mount a red dot?
    The optics ready HK pistols are not available in the US yet, so know idea what they will exactly be.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherman A. House DDS View Post
    Jody and/or George...

Are the VP9SK’s as inherently accurate as the FS guns?

I’ve thought about getting one from CDNN on the cheap and having it killed for an RMR2. I have no RMR equipped guns and I thought one on a shorter slide gun made better sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The VP9 SK pistols are great shooters. By chance, I was confirming zero in my SK direct milled with a RMS Shield yesterday, and this is five 147 HST at 25 yards.

Name:  7B7ED38A-709E-4263-B2FA-8359CA7FF5FE.jpg
Views: 1182
Size:  40.0 KB

Here is the pistol:

Name:  963CEF63-8066-47DC-914E-3F51FBC84785.jpg
Views: 2581
Size:  81.5 KB
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    The VP9 SK pistols are great shooters.
    Concur 100%.
    Much like the Glock 26's, the SK's punch well above their slide length.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    The optics ready HK pistols are not available in the US yet, so know idea what they will exactly be.

The VP9 SK pistols are great shooters. By chance, I was confirming zero in my SK direct milled with a RMS Shield yesterday, and this is five 147 HST at 25 yards.

Name:  7B7ED38A-709E-4263-B2FA-8359CA7FF5FE.jpg
Views: 1182
Size:  40.0 KB

Here is the pistol:

Name:  963CEF63-8066-47DC-914E-3F51FBC84785.jpg
Views: 2581
Size:  81.5 KB
    George, that's a nice little package. But after looking at this and your other recent image, what the heck are you applying to your grips, resin or chalk?

Best, Jon

Quote Originally Posted by JonInWA View Post
    George, that's a nice little package. But after looking at this and your other recent image, what the heck are you applying to your grips, resin or chalk?

Best, Jon
    I use chalk on my support hand and it migrates to the pistol grip.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Cool

What a gamer!. Geez, next you're probably gonna tell us that you use an autopilot with your aircraft...

Best, Jon

PSA has longslide kits for 369.99 right now, which is the best i've seen so far, if any body is in the market.

https://palmettostatearmory.com/hk-v...it-502542.html
    "...we suffer more in imagination than in reality." Seneca, probably.

Quote Originally Posted by backtrail540 View Post
    PSA has longslide kits for 369.99 right now, which is the best i've seen so far, if any body is in the market.

https://palmettostatearmory.com/hk-v...it-502542.html
    Good price, that is about what I paid in February.

I was issued a VP9 in 2014, but didn’t start carrying it daily until 2015. The gun is is just crazy accurate for me and been 100% reliable. For the first year before I started carrying it on duty I fed it every kind of mixed bag of ammunition I could lay my hands on. Steel cased Russian and Chinese stuff. Blazer, Speer, Magtech, Federal, Remington and others I can’t recall. Then I used up an equally diverse mix of hollowpoints. Mostly Federal 9BPLE. Up until 2005 my office issued 5906s, 3913s and 6906s. After 2005 we got P229s in .40 then around 2014 it was Glock 22s for everyone except for one other Agent and me. Seniority has a few perks. Anyway, we traded the guns, but still had all the ammunition. I got to use all of our old ammunition since I was the sole 9mm shooter in the office. I don’t have an exact round count, but it is definitely over 5K and under 8K. Most of that was shot in the first year. I haven’t experienced any kinds of malfunctions either. The gun just works and works well.

I got a VP9SK a few months ago on kind of an impulse buy. I regretted it almost immediately. I hate the little rubbery finger extensions. All they have been good for for me is to grab my shirts. I got an aluminum 2 round pinky extension from HK Parts. This part should come from the factory! It makes the gun much more useful for me. I have carried it off duty two or three times because I can carry and conceal the VP9 just as easily. I made the mistake of assuming the VP9SK was similar to a G26 in that they would be made so that full size mags couldn’t be over-inserted. I didn’t break anything over-inserting a magazine into my SK, but it was close. The SK is just as accurate and reliable as the VP9, but my only use for it at this point is as an RMR host.

Vending Machine Operator
    I miss my VP9 I have no practical use for it with Glock and M2.0 9mms, but it is siren-song luring me back.

I also remember it being scary-accurate.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

User Tag List