Given that a lot of shooting techniques originate from the tactical world, it seems as if much of what's taught is usually under the assumption that the shooter is wearing body armor or a plate carrier. For instance, there was this article on MSW where Jerry Jones says that in the late '90's people used to run their collapsible stocks all the way in, under the assumption that you could brace it on your body armor. Some instructors, such as Paul Howe, emphasize techniques that are generic enough to be used regardless of your loadout, e.g. whether you're wearing bulky armor or not.

I've also heard the "We don't use Weaver anymore, because we have body armor" argument. That's always seemed vaguely dubious to me, but that's neither here nor there, and I don't know that I'm qualified to have an opinion either way.

As a schmuck civilian, I would never make the assumption I'd be wearing plates or any other body armor. So what are some of the techniques that have been formulated specifically for, or affected by the assumption of, the shooter wearing body armor?