Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Foam wedges for AIWB

I have had luck buying neoprene foam knee boards at Home Depot. Cost was around $7.00. Just cut to size and desired shape. I use my band saw to get a clean cut but I have made do with a sharp knife. One of the knee boards will give you plenty of wedges.

Dude, I’m going to make the leap and assume you can afford a $10 wedge from a reputable site supporter based on that $200 holster and plethora of cool shit you post. The DIY wedge CAN work but why do the uncomfortable leg work for a few bucks less when a bunch of folks have already done the R&D?
    Bob Loblaw lobs law bombs

Quote Originally Posted by BobLoblaw View Post
    Dude, I’m going to make the leap and assume you can afford a $10 wedge from a reputable site supporter based on that $200 holster and plethora of cool shit you post. The DIY wedge CAN work but why do the uncomfortable leg work for a few bucks less when a bunch of folks have already done the R&D?
    One reason, trace the original design and cut the bulk piece to desired size. I do the same thing with Talon grips. I trace the original on paper, buy a sheet of industrial grade non-slip from Heskins Industries, place on grip in all of 5 minutes. The industrial works better than the Talon material.

Quote Originally Posted by BobLoblaw View Post
    Chasing something on your own is sometimes where the joy is at. Sometimes that's where folks wind up coming up with cool new shit. That's why most of the stuff you have now is available.
    Last edited by orionz06; 04-27-2018 at 06:52 AM.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    Chasing something on your own is sometimes where the joy is at. Sometimes that's where folks wind up coming up with cool new shit. That's why most of the stuff you have now is available.
    Oh I totally get it. I had a Dr. Scholl’s heel pad in my pants like everyone else not too long ago. Just saying there’s an easy button due to the work of others.
    Bob Loblaw lobs law bombs

User Tag List