Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: IPSC World Shoot

Any tips, suggestions or gotchas you noticed?

I am shooting the World Shoot Stages for the IPSC Nationals this week.

There are a lot of changes from the posted stages, so go in with an open mind. The biggest surprise to me is that almost all the swingers are only available at their apex.

If you want a sneak peek I have all my runs on YouTube in the order i shot them fwiw: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...MGqQBR2cJqyldS

Quote Originally Posted by raks View Post
    There are a lot of changes from the posted stages, so go in with an open mind.
    Ghee I've never heard that before.

Some days I am just happy if the round count from the match book is the same as the stages on the range.

But I am also surprised, as USA is typically pretty good about matching the stage diagrams to what they build, might be a side effect of having the IPSC staff there.

If you want a sneak peek I have all my runs on YouTube in the order i shot them fwiw: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...MGqQBR2cJqyldS
    Thanks, I am going to go through that over the next couple of days. I think I start in area 1 and 2 on Tuesday.

Shot stages 1-10 today. Crashed and burned.

Bummer, let us know how the rest of it goes! I really liked the stages although I have heard some whiners complaining that it was too easy? Cant say I felt that way and it was definitely the best match I have ever attended. Hopefully I can get down to Frostproof again someday for another visit.

Bummer, let us know how the rest of it goes! I really liked the stages although I have heard some whiners complaining that it was too easy? Cant say I felt that way and it was definitely the best match I have ever attended. Hopefully I can get down to Frostproof again someday for another visit.
    Glad you enjoyed it and glad you didn't listen to the Debbie Downer that couldn't wait to tell you about how it was going to rain or be muddy.

That was an easy match?!? I would hate to see what they consider an hard match. I have never been to a USPSA match that was anywhere near as hard.

I enjoyed shooting it, but I was disappointed with my performance. I got better as it went along, and by day three I got a hang of the hardest thing for me, shooting the swingers at their apex.

I found out on day two that I should have insisted that the range be fixed, or fix it myself. There were a number of stages where the fault line got buried, and with my limited feeling in my right leg I can't feel fault lines unless they are sticking up. Which is why I got three procedurals on day one on the river boat stage.

Of course my gun choking didn't help anything. Despite shooting 4,000 rounds to make sure my 9mm 1911 was reliable I had numerous failures to feed at the match. If I shoot this match again, I will probably shoot standard with my production gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Pup town View Post
    Glad you enjoyed it and glad you didn't listen to the Debbie Downer that couldn't wait to tell you about how it was going to rain or be muddy.
    It definitely did rain.

Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    It definitely did rain.
    It always rains in Florida, we really should put that in the brochure. At least as my asterisk to the "Sunny Florida" trademark.

As far as mud, I don't think there will be much worry about that at USA for a while, the grass has all been worn down, and the range is mostly sand where ever the shooting boxes were.

Quote Originally Posted by PPGMD View Post
    It always rains in Florida, we really should put that in the brochure. At least as my asterisk to the "Sunny Florida" trademark.

As far as mud, I don't think there will be much worry about that at USA for a while, the grass has all been worn down, and the range is mostly sand where ever the shooting boxes were.
    Serious question: did they fix the drainage issues on the end far left bay?

User Tag List