Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Non-Lethal or Less-Than-Lethal Ammunition Effectiveness

Quote Originally Posted by trailrunner View Post
    Less lethal rounds could have a square cross-section and only fit in square barrels. Kinda sorta semi less lethal rounds would be triangular and only fit in triangular barrels.

(In case it isn't obvious, this is a joke.)
    Of course it's obvious... That would require you to engineer a new firearm and new cartridges. 20ga would only require a new loading. Square objects also lack any kind of aerodynamics and would be almost useless with any kind of distance.

Non-Lethal or Less-Than-Lethal Ammunition Effectiveness

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    Ah. Okay, I'm tracking now.

(The reason I brought up the other was IIRC, and this may be a wive's tale, but the reason that shotgun shells are generally colored by gauge is to prevent the error of sticking a 20 in a 12, because it'll slide into the chamber and down the forcing cone and allow you to chamber a 12 gauge shell behind it with the predictable results. I don't know how many departments would stock both gauges in a liability conscious world, but I may be way off base.)
    Makes sense. I'll have to try firing a 20ga in a 12 tmrw to see if it even works (prob not the greatest idea, but it won't blow anything up either). If it will, it also means less lethal projectiles would work (albeit inaccurately) in the larger caliber weapon... Or it will just fall out of the barrel

Quote Originally Posted by Sigfan26 View Post
    Well 12ga doesn't fit in my 20ga (just tried), and the point would be the fact that none of the departments lethal rounds would work in the less lethal weapons.
    No, but they'd make their 12 gauges a hell of a lot more lethal to the guys using them.

Quote Originally Posted by LHS View Post
    No, but they'd make their 12 gauges a hell of a lot more lethal to the guys using them.
    It's already, like, the most lethal round on the planet (launches 9 .30cal projectiles at once)... That's like 9 .308 rounds hitting you at once! If you use the premium buckshot, the bb's also call you a bitch before they enter the body.

User Tag List