Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Freedom Munitions 300blk Reloads

Freedom Munitions 300blk Reloads

I'm not very happy with this shipment of reloads. You tell me what you see.

Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1408411753366.jpg
Views: 665
Size:  88.4 KB

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
    AKA: SkyLine1

What's the deal with the different colored primers. Can't tell from the pic but are they damaged? Not sure I'd worry about the boxes and packaging.

Bingo, did you notice the missing round?

Primers look to be scratched along with the case end/bottom.

I've shot a few thousand 9mm new and reloaded from Freedom, has always been good ammo for practice. Looks like the market is still demanding more then what is available. All ammo needs to be inspected and not thought of "good to go". I have a case gauge on the way to make sure these are in spec before attempting to use them.

did you contact them yet?
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

I have tried...Their website is down.

Hannah Rice <hannah@freedommunitions.com>

email her.

for the record, I put through a comment/issue on the web site as well on Saturday... I haven't heard back yet.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

I have, waiting on reply.

Very odd. The dings on the primer itself are the result of dust / powder / fouling on the primer seater. Not a deal breaker but speaks to lacking quality. The bronze / silver primers tell me they are using differnt lots of primers and likely different manufacturers. Again speaks to lacking quality and l suspect consistency. As far as the green sealant on several, that is just odd. It's hard to tell if it was not removed durring cleaning or if it has been sealed post loading. Again quality. That's about all I can spot on my cell.
    Taking a break from social media.

The green sealant makes me think that they are purchasing lots of ammo that didn't meet spec., pulling the bullets, probably selling them, cutting and reshaping the neck on the brass, then loading them up. Obviously this is gross speculation on my part. But it's a possibility. Wouldn't be a bad way to cut cost but that comes at the price of consistency/quality. When I load. I track everything by lot number, primers, powder you name it. I don't know that I could have various lots of components like that mixed in with production. That would make it very hard to track down issues, to me it seems like a liability issue, but what do I know. I am not in the business.

Glad you contacted them. Hopefully they'll get you straightened out.

Hard to tell from your photos, but those do NOT look like they are loaded with proper .300 BLK bullets; they appear to have the WRONG bullet ogive for proper functioning of the .300 BLK cartridge in a semi-auto firearm.
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

User Tag List