Page 194 of 235 FirstFirst ... 94144184192193194195196204 ... LastLast
Results 1,931 to 1,940 of 2342

Thread: Book Recommendations

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    The Dark Hours, by Michael Connelly. It's the fourth Bosch-Ballard book. Bosch is moving into the supporting character role.

Which makes sense, given that the books are contemporary and that Harry is in his early 70s.
    I didn't love this book, though it had moments.

It was VERY repetitive...and harped on the same few themes ad nauseum.

I'm still a fan overall, but some of it was mailed in and the preaching could be kept to a lower roar.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I didn't love this book, though it had moments.

It was VERY repetitive...and harped on the same few themes ad nauseum.

I'm still a fan overall, but some of it was mailed in and the preaching could be kept to a lower roar.
    Connelly's got a long way to go until he gets to being as bad as Patricia Cornwall.

What I like is that he's staying somewhat contemporary. It has to make researching the details a lot easier. And he's not embodying Bosch with age-defying abilities (unlike Mike Hammer and Spencer).

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    Hawkwood's Sword: https://www.amazon.com/Hawkwoods-Swo.../dp/B08QHTPR1G

$1.99 right now. I paid $11.76 for it last month, and it was worth it.

5th book of the "Chivalry" series, which several people here recommended. I've enjoyed them all, and this one was perhaps my favorite.

For the Christian Cameron fans, he's got a new entry out in his Tom Swan serials: https://www.amazon.com/Tom-Swan-Keys.../dp/B093ZP6QB6

Quote Originally Posted by MK11 View Post
    For the Christian Cameron fans, he's got a new entry out in his Tom Swan serials: https://www.amazon.com/Tom-Swan-Keys.../dp/B093ZP6QB6
    These are just as good as the Long Sword series IMO.

Name:  FC6BE88E-47A7-4C92-88F4-F99092CC5390.jpg
Views: 343
Size:  37.6 KB

I know the author, Doyle Burke. Long time Dayton homicide detective. Good read. Not super technical or filled with legalese. Just good true crime story telling. Available on Amazon and Inkshares.com.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    Name:  FC6BE88E-47A7-4C92-88F4-F99092CC5390.jpg
Views: 343
Size:  37.6 KB

I know the author, Doyle Burke. Long time Dayton homicide detective. Good read. Not super technical or filled with legalese. Just good true crime story telling. Available on Amazon and Inkshares.com.
    I thought I’d heard he was releasing a book.

It started a bit slow, but I enjoyed Where the Crawdads Sing

The Second Life of Nick Mason by Steve Hamilton

Name:  51v5gUeaNUL._SX331_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg
Views: 265
Size:  41.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Cheap Shot View Post
    Name:  51v5gUeaNUL._SX331_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg
Views: 265
Size:  41.3 KB
    Nick Mason has already spent five years inside a maximum security prison when an offer comes that will grant his release twenty years early. He accepts—but the deal comes with a terrible price.

Now, back on the streets, Nick Mason has a new house, a new car, money to burn, and a beautiful roommate. He’s returned to society, but he's still a prisoner. Whenever his cell phone rings, day or night, Nick must answer it and follow whatever order he is given. It’s the deal he made with Darius Cole, a criminal mastermind serving a double-life term who runs an empire from his prison cell.

Forced to commit increasingly more dangerous crimes, hunted by the relentless detective who put him behind bars, and desperate to go straight and rebuild his life with his daughter and ex-wife, Nick will ultimately have to risk everything—his family, his sanity, and even his life—to finally break free.

Worth reading

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 0ddl0t View Post
    It started a bit slow, but I enjoyed Where the Crawdads Sing

My review on Goodreads.

User Tag List