Page 159 of 235 FirstFirst ... 59109149157158159160161169209 ... LastLast
Results 1,581 to 1,590 of 2342

Thread: Book Recommendations

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    I've read that a couple of times. It's a good read, and a lot of it resonates with me. There's a small amount of mild weirdness, such as his belief that body type determines one's personality, but that's easily overlooked. You'll enjoy it.
    That's all good to know. I've read a handful of running books before, but it's been years. Currently this is my fourth time to start running, so it seemed time for another book. My reading is almost as slow as my running, but I should get to this one before the end of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by Dog Guy View Post
    "Range" as sports psychology? That's a wrong classification IMHO. It gave me a different take on people who move from job to job all the time in their early years. I thought it was a very informative book. The author could have made the key points in a shorter book but the supporting material was fascinating in it's own right. It's worth reading.
    I think that's what I saw on Amazon. I'm only a third of the way through with it, but it seems like a misclassification to me too. Sometimes I worry that I would have been better off professionally if I'd trained more deeply and less broadly. Thus far this book affirms my decision, which is nice since it's impossible to change the past.

It's been requested that I provide a link to my books.

Here's a direct Amazon link to Rose City Free Fall the first book in the series.

If you read on a platform other than Amazon (which I heartily support) this is your huckleberry.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post

Here's a direct Amazon link to Rose City Free Fall the first book in the series.

If you read on a platform other than Amazon (which I heartily support) this is your huckleberry.
    Good book. Here's my review on Goodreads.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigguy View Post
    Nice review. I just picked up the "Kindle" edition for my reader.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post

About time
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by Bigguy View Post
    You didn't mention Taurus.

From Older Offspring after a discussion of coffee:

"If it doesn't come from the Kaffa province of Ethiopia, it's just hot roasted-bean juice."

Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    You didn't mention Taurus.

Shorts Taurus: Brief Reviews (Now w/ Puns)
    There's nothing civil about this war.

McCarthy has been mentioned numerous times in this thread.
    Kindle daily deal: The Road (Vintage International) Kindle Edition $2.99
    "You can't win a war with choirboys. " Mad Mike Hoare

To whoever recommended The Ill Made Knight thank you very much. I finally cut through my reading list and I’m reading it right now.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

Harrier 809 by Rowland White

Ostensibly it is about an ad hoc Sea Harrier squadron the Brits ran up for extra power during the Falklands War. In reality, it is a pretty comprehensive story about the entire Air War including some parts through Argentinian Pilot eyes. A lot of names and details, but the author does a good job of keeping the narrative moving and interesting. He even covers a lot of little known aspects like the radar station the Brits set up in Chile.
    For info about training or to contact me:
    Immediate Action Combatives

User Tag List