Page 202 of 233 FirstFirst ... 102152192200201202203204212 ... LastLast
Results 2,011 to 2,020 of 2330

Thread: Book Recommendations

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Watson View Post
    Working on 'The Investigator' now.
    Gun tech is awful. Checkered cherrywood grip on a Staccato? Detachable magazine Remington 870? 7.65x39 AK?
    Yes, even though I have absolutely no interest in a Staccato, I understand the concept of the grip module, his gun guy (he usually mentions/thanks them) should have caught that.

https://remingtonarmsusa.com/remingt...able-magazine/

And a typo?

Just saying, don't be a hater.
    Adding nothing to the conversation since 2015....

Learned of a new product. Cheap, too.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Site Supporter
    Safe House - Stuart Woods.

Absolutely idiotic. He or a ghost writer is dialing it in for money from a base. Stone is an idiot, Dino - a clown (how does the NYPD get off to go traveling all the time?). Cliched Texans, stupid plot, gun idiocy, stupid actions. Got it from the library - if I had paid - I would be annoyed.

Used to like Woods - I'll not pay for a book from him.

I enjoyed the latest from Jack Carr: "In the Blood." I bought a signed edition with a title page personally shot-through by the author using a .338 Lapua Magnum. Did it make the book better? Yes, yes it did.

I wish these 202 pages of posts had a curator.

I am reading Goodbye to a River by John Graves. Excellent, contemplative read.
    "Rich," the Old Man said dreamily, "is a little whiskey to drink and some food to eat and a roof over your head and a fish pole and a boat and a gun and a dollar for a box of shells." Robert Ruark

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Lehr View Post
    Yes, even though I have absolutely no interest in a Staccato, I understand the concept of the grip module, his gun guy (he usually mentions/thanks them) should have caught that.

https://remingtonarmsusa.com/remingt...able-magazine/

And a typo?

Just saying, don't be a hater.
    I wish writers would just say “pistol” or “rifle” or “shotgun” instead of screwing up details and ruining it. Then my imagination would have the characters wielding a GSP, Scout Rifle, or Benelli M4.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Williams View Post
    I wish writers would just say “pistol” or “rifle” or “shotgun” instead of screwing up details and ruining it. Then my imagination would have the characters wielding a GSP, Scout Rifle, or Benelli M4.
    Not very tactical...

Name:  2655501-GSP-Expert_Ex32_Lead-500x500.jpg
Views: 225
Size:  16.2 KB

The Dark Side of Man: Tracing the Origins of Male Violence by Michael Giglieri, 2000, published by Basic Books.

I have had this book suggested to me numerous times, but never had the chance to read it. It is both profoundly enlightening, and profoundly disturbing, at the same time. Highly recommended.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Watson View Post
    Learned of a new product. Cheap, too.
    If your talking 870DM, reviews are mixed.
    Adding nothing to the conversation since 2015....

But it was, to my surprise, there for a novelist to use.

I liked the scene(s) in David Drake's Lacey stories. Seems he could barely qualify with his needle stunner; so when he put a fatal needle in a crook's eye, it was just dismissed as more of Lacey's wild shooting. Riiight.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

User Tag List