Page 163 of 234 FirstFirst ... 63113153161162163164165173213 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,630 of 2332

Thread: Book Recommendations

Quote Originally Posted by Coyotesfan97 View Post
    Branch have you read Doc and then Epitah by Maria Russell? They’re fiction but they’re really good. I liked Doc better of the two. I think @Stephanie recommended them earlier in this thread.

https://amazon.com/Doc-Novel-Mary-Do...s%2C239&sr=8-1

https://amazon.com/Epitaph-K-Mary-Do...s%2C239&sr=8-2
    I have not. This was the first book directly related to the Earps/Tombstone I have read. I’ll add them to my to read list. I just started a book on Frank Hamer and then have a Stephen Hunter lined up next.

Quote Originally Posted by Bratch View Post
    Not sure if this has been posted but I finished Tombstone and I thought it was fascinating. It started slow with the history of SE AZ but once it hit the Earps and Cowboys it picked up. I had seen some of the stuff on Behan and the Earps going to trial but the level of politics would drop into 2020 seamlessly.

Tombstone: The Earp Brothers, Doc Holliday, and the Vendetta Ride from Hell https://amazon.com/dp/1250214580/ref..._pTSZFb9P8SRXM
    Did you also read his "Dodge City"?
    From Older Offspring after a discussion of coffee:

"If it doesn't come from the Kaffa province of Ethiopia, it's just hot roasted-bean juice."

Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    Did you also read his "Dodge City"?
    Not yet. It’s on the list now. I saw Tombstone at Sams is the only reason I found it.

I had seen some of the stuff on Behan and the Earps going to trial but the level of politics would drop into 2020 seamlessly.
    I just finished "And Die in the West". https://www.amazon.com/Die-West-K-Co...7441983&sr=8-7

The dirty politics was unreal. Much like today. Democrats and Republicans fighting and dealing dirty tricks.

"Alone at Dawn"

About Medal of honor recipient John Chapman.
    “Archer not arrow. No such thing as a perfect pistol. Until you commit to being a better archer, you’ll keep hunting for a better arrow.”

-JCN

I have not. This was the first book directly related to the Earps/Tombstone I have read. I’ll add them to my to read list. I just started a book on Frank Hamer and then have a Stephen Hunter lined up next.
    Go to Amazon and read the prologue to Epitaph. That alone is pretty awesome.

Not yet. It’s on the list now. I saw Tombstone at Sams is the only reason I found it.
    Recently picked up Dodge City myself.
    “Archer not arrow. No such thing as a perfect pistol. Until you commit to being a better archer, you’ll keep hunting for a better arrow.”

-JCN

The British Military Quartet: Let Not The Deep, King’s Shilling, Long Reach and Congo Blue. Kindle Edition by Mike Lunnon-Wood This kindle set popped up on the recommendations after I placed an order and kind of caught my eye. I started reading the first book and so far am liking it a lot. It's a little sad that the author died from cancer a few years back.
    "You can't win a war with choirboys. " Mad Mike Hoare

Marcus Wynne's books

So I started by reading Neural Based Training which has a lot of interesting material about training using visualization-which he goes into greater detail than anyone else I've ever read-kinesthetic awareness and State Access. This last I found very interesting. It uses emotional arousal that is proper to the situation, like B.A.R. in gunfights to achieve control of those states and to inoculate you against the stressors. Also some interesting stuff learned from rehabbing stroke patients that he uses to make quicker changes to long held techniques.E.g, changing from a crush grip to the thumbs forward grip.

I'll definitely get the next in the series.

I've also blown through the Salt series and am now reading the Wylde trilogy.

I read his earlier stuff about 20 years ago-I particularly liked Warrior in the Shadows about an SAS Tiptoe lad who was also an Australian Aborigine Shaman.

Quite creepy.

I just finished "Ink and Sigil".

https://www.amazon.com/Ink-Sigil-wor...dp/1984821253/

Pretty good, though clearly anti-Trump leanings. Favorite character a funny little Hobgoblin with a Scottish accent.

User Tag List