Page 234 of 234 FirstFirst ... 134184224232233234
Results 2,331 to 2,336 of 2336

Thread: Book Recommendations

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Trouble Walked In by Mike Kupari. A PI on another world searches for the missing sister of his client. It's a decent page-turner.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    Trouble Walked In by Mike Kupari. A PI on another world searches for the missing sister of his client. It's a decent page-turner.
    I enjoyed reading that book. Another good one by Mike is The Family Business

Decades ago, the Visitors descended on Earth. They claimed to bring peace and prosperity. Their real goal was the total subjugation of humankind. But humanity did not give up its only home without a fight.

After a devastating war, the Visitors were driven back to Mars. Their millions of willing human collaborators were left behind. The task of hunting down these former alien collaborators and bringing them to justice falls to Federal Recovery Agents like Nathan Foster.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

Quote Originally Posted by Wondering Beard View Post
    Nice!

I've recommended it (and The Praetorians) to quite a few people over the years but they had a hell of time finding them in English.
    I just finished The Centurions based on some of the posts in this thread.

What a beautiful, awful, terrible, excellent book. If it wasn't a library book, I would have highlighted so many passages.

I'll read The Praetorians at some point. Thanks to all who recommended it.

Quote Originally Posted by Coal Train View Post
    I just finished The Centurions based on some of the posts in this thread.

What a beautiful, awful, terrible, excellent book. If it wasn't a library book, I would have highlighted so many passages.

I'll read The Praetorians at some point. Thanks to all who recommended it.

I'm going to look into both of these. I missed the earlier endorsements.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I'm going to look into both of these. I missed the earlier endorsements.
    Do not fear comrade, President Ho-Chi-Min has given orders.......to apply a policy of leniency towards all prisoners led astray by the imperialist capitalists.....

You can confess this error during the self-examination time tomorrow morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Coal Train View Post
    Do not fear comrade, President Ho-Chi-Min has given orders.......to apply a policy of leniency towards all prisoners led astray by the imperialist capitalists.....

You can confess this error during the self-examination time tomorrow morning.

Hey, I was in high school and college when chants of "Ho-Ho-Ho Chi Minh, the Viet Cong are Gonna Win" were a regular thing at marches and rallies in NYC and on campuses.

It was an "interesting" time to grow up in.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

User Tag List