Thread: UMC 9mm price increase?

UMC 9mm price increase?

Here in SW Idaho, WalMart has increased UMC ammo from $51+ to $59+ for 250ct boxes this past week. Has anyone else seen a price increase? This is going to increase my dry fire time (which won't be bad).

I was in the other day and thought I might stock up on some Winchester 40s&w 165gr FMJ. I wasn't too thrilled to see the prices go from $28.99 to around $33.99 per 100. It might be an increase across the board. I can't say for certain since I don't really pay attention to the other caliber prices.

Honestly I'm not too surprised... Walmart has always been a few dollars cheaper than all the other local stores.

over the past 2-3 years i have noticed a steady price increase of ammo at walmart. then again within the past couple months i saw prices for ammo rise almost everywhere. I can now find bulk name brand ammo cheaper online than at walmart.

Walmart has raised the prices on most of their ammo. Winchester white box 9mm , that was previously around 10.00 a box, is now 13 and some change locally. At the time thier Federal was still the same so I bought the remaining supply of it. Walmart is now also carrying Tula should you wish to shoot it.

Everybody has increased their prices in the last two months, some as much as $2 more for a box of 25 rounds. It's not getting any better, so if you've been thinking of getting into reloading, nows the time...

Oddly enough I picked up 4x100 rd boxes of WWB at WalMart a few weeks ago for 19.99 per, cheaper than usual by about $4-5. But I haven't been back to see if it was a fluke.
    Also being somewhat in the copper business I can tell you it's about as high as it's ever been and not likely to drop. In fact all metals seem to be going crazy over the last several years.

User Tag List