Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A Hi-Power project

A Hi-Power project

Don't confuse this with the other P35 project, there'll be no mills, laser welds or nanoceramictechnomagic here.

AIM Surplus has these for sale, 409$. Or 429$ for a later model, like I got. Good deal.

Dry fired the Hi Power until my hands are bruised. Thoughts so far:

The plastic grips it came with are definitely slightly better than no grips at all. Slightly.
    Trigger shows a lot of promise. It's gritty and a lot of take up, but it still has a mechanical snap break to it.
    The trigger pin requires a press. No amount of beating would get that thing out. Very annoying.
    Absolutely adore how dainty the slide is. Tiny. Cute. Slender. Love that.
    Mag release is surprisingly grippy. Uncommon.
    No need for a beavertail. Non-chunky hands.
    Obviously the sights need work, but they're actually very good in the day.
    Slide release is easier to get to than most modern pistols. Only HK is doing better here.
    Similarly, the takedown procedure is incredibly easy. Massively better than a Glock. The M&P is a shining example of ease though.
    The gun is very nearly exactly as tall as a Glock 19, carries as many rounds and is thinner. By a lot. A real lot. Wow, how is everyone not concealed carrying this?

Basic changes coming up next, thoughts, work and measurements incoming.

I got hold of a similar gun a couple years ago, sent it to MARS armament, and am very happy with the results. Agreed that the slim slide is special.
    Ignore Alien Orders

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*gasps for breath*

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I feel soooooooooo good right now. Sooooooooooo good.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Riehl View Post

*gasps for breath*

I feel soooooooooo good right now. Sooooooooooo good.
    Yeah, yeah yeah. It's not bad for a velveta framed, CZ wanna be rattly old thing. :P

Navidex, C&S, MecGar, Wolff, Hogue, Pearce and Garwaithe parts on the way.

Can't believe I ordered anything from C&S's soviet casting foundry.

Glock 22 vs Hi Power mag length. About exactly Glock 19 length.

Have to talk to Chuck Warner tomorrow about flat bottom firing pin stops to go with his True Radius ignition set.

Return the navidrex and get VZ. Voice of experience.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    Return the navidrex and get VZ. Voice of experience.
    I looked around, Spegel isn't accepting orders so I went with what was said to be the most thin. VZs have palmswells? What type did you get? What size hands do you have?

A Hi-Power project

Size S glove. I got proslims. No palm swells. Steve fit them for me. It cost me my lanyard loop
    Ignore Alien Orders

Harise, before you go with the thinner/thinnest grips, check to see where your triggerfinger indexes on the trigger. I have medium hands, and actually much prefer a bulkier grip so that my finger is positioned for the causal crease to naturally align with the trigger-with thinner grips (in my case, a beautiful set of Craig Spegerl's kingwood gris that he made for me) my triggerfinger would naturally protrude too far.

What's worked best for me are a set of Hogue's rubber fingergroove grips (which also do a nice job of providing frontstrap traction).

Best, Jon

Quote Originally Posted by Haraise View Post
    Yeah, yeah yeah. It's not bad for a velveta framed, CZ wanna be rattly old thing. :P

Navidex, C&S, MecGar, Wolff, Hogue, Pearce and Garwaithe parts on the way.

Can't believe I ordered anything from C&S's soviet casting foundry.

Glock 22 vs Hi Power mag length. About exactly Glock 19 length.

Have to talk to Chuck Warner tomorrow about flat bottom firing pin stops to go with his True Radius ignition set.
    No need to discuss FPSs - they areabsolutely essential. The recoil spring is too heavy also.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Riehl View Post
    No need to discuss FPSs - they areabsolutely essential. The recoil spring is too heavy also.
    Well, yes. Or the firing pin will fall out. :P You mean the flat bottom? His optimized ignition kit has a very heavy break on the FPS, which I don't understand. What weight recoil and main spring pair with a flat bottom FPS (small break)?

User Tag List