Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Suggestions for bedside gun safe

Suggestions for bedside gun safe

I am looking for suggestions for a small reliable gun safe to keep a pistol accessible but secure in our bedroom. It only needs to be big enough to hold a pistol and a spare magazine. Any suggestions on what has worked well for you and also what to avoid would be appreciated. I am looking for something that does not require a key or fingerprints. I guess that involves a combination or some kind of pattern being entered on the device.

Thanks.
    My comments have not been approved by my employer and do not necessarily represent the views of my employer. These are my comments, not my employer's.

I use a V-Line. My brother and father both had the small GunVault fail. I had a full sized GunVault fail. Three failures in one family? No more electronic locks.

My first GunVault worked great for over 10 years. The motor finally gave out. I opened it about two times a day when I had it, so I felt I got my money’s worth. When I bought a replacement I could tell the quality was not the same. Cannon safes bought them out and cheapened the product. It only lasted me about two years.

I now use the Sentry safe quick access safe.

http://www.amazon.com/Sentry-Safe-Qu...8127314&sr=1-7

So far I like it, but I’ve only had it for a few months now. If you look at post #62 in this thread you will see what it looks like.

http://pistol-forum.com/showthread.p...ou-sleep/page7

Has anyone had further experience with the Gunbox? It looks cool, but I know they had a recall at some point. Any thoughts on it?
    Sheep Have Wool

Quote Originally Posted by Hizzie View Post
    I use a V-Line. My brother and father both had the small GunVault fail. I had a full sized GunVault fail. Three failures in one family? No more electronic locks.
    Same experience with GunVault and conversion to V Line's for me.

I should have mentioned that the gun would be a Glock 22, ideally with a 23 round mag.
    My comments have not been approved by my employer and do not necessarily represent the views of my employer. These are my comments, not my employer's.

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by BJJ View Post
    I should have mentioned that the gun would be a Glock 22, ideally with a 23 round mag.
    You're gonna need a big safe to fit a 23 round mag.

If it has a battery, do scheduled changes every 3-6 months. One day my latch didn't get enough juice to release. Fortunately i only "needed" my dry fire P30. I have started writing the install date on the batteries and using an aggressive change schedule.
    Taking a break from social media.

Take a look at the V-line Brute

I bought the V-line Brute and am extremely pleased with it. I had come close to buying the Fort Knox pistol safe but know they've cut some quality corners in the last year or two. The V-line Brute was the ideal choice for my needs (and no, I have no connection with them). The Brute is an awesome pistol safe; push button combo (no batteries). Bought mounting hardware at Lowes (~$15) four of each: Elevator bolts 5/16 x 18, Fender washers SS 5/16 x 1-1/2, and SS Nylon Lock Nuts 5/16 - 18. My bolts were 2" long and used a Dremel with cut-off wheels to cut the bolts level {flush} with the top of the nuts, once mounted. Definitely will keep the kids out and quick to open when needed - absolutely does as much as can be expected of this kind of product to do. Got it from Wayfair (via eBay) for $212 delivered (V-line Brute).

Bit of an older post, but I've been looking into this lately as well.

Does anyone have any thoughts on the issue of a "garage door" style of safe (e.g., v-line desk mate or Gunvault style) vs an open top style (e.g., sentry quick access or v-line top drawer). I'm just thinking about this from a "finger off the trigger" perspective, in that it seems like it would be easier to pick up a pistol with a side-entry safe as opposed to a top entry, if that makes sense.

User Tag List