Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Suggestions for bedside gun safe

Quote Originally Posted by scsu74 View Post
    I just started looking into getting a safe to prevent our newly arriving child from accessing my duty gun. I really like the simplex lock, but the lack of combinations worries me. There's only 1K or so combos and the entire list is available to print out online, I'm more worried a bored teen could sit there and just check the combos off one by one.. Anyone else have this concern or recommend a different type of lock?
    That's exactly why this keyed supplemental lock was developed. It's an option for those that have your same concerns. It is an exclusive feature that you won't find anywhere else. The lock also provides a back up entry if desired (it can be disabled by the owner). If you watch this from a computer, there are annotations.

I will say though, that in almost 8 years I have never personally seen someone crack the code that way. Most of my experience has been with customers that somehow messed up trying to reset the combination.

Quote Originally Posted by SLG View Post
    I'm not personally worried about this. My teens will be trustworthy, or no guns will be anywhere they could get to them. The Simplex pistol safe is for my duty gun, while I'm in bed. If I'm up, the gun is on me, so no real opportunity for a bored teen to play with it. Do you envision leaving a gun in there all the time?
    No, I'm planning on making my front entry closest an area where I walk in the house and put all my duty gear (vest, belt, boots etc.). I'm going to change the handle out so it'll have a lock and then bolt whatever pistol box I end up with to the shelf in there. I'll then put my duty gun and BUG in there while not at work. While at work it will be empty or have my off duty gun in it.

Any real difference between the V-Line, Stealth, and AMSEC?

AMSEC and Stealth look very similar while the V-Line looks like more of a clamshell design. Not sure if that's really a positive or not?

Old thread, I get it...but I just happened on it the other day and wanted to thank those whose posts motivated me to order a V-Line Brute earlier today.

Looks like it will be a nice little home addition to the Lock'er Down console safe recently installed in the 4Runner. Nice to have some small and convenient options both at home and on the road.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

For me, the bedside safe is about security and convenience. I don't care about quick access because none of these is quick and reliable enough for me. Worst case: I wake up and someone's in the house? I do not want to be dicking around with buttons or keys. So I have an older GunVault at bedside. Every night, I open it, take the pistol out and put it on my bedside table. Every morning, it gets locked back up, when my EDC goes on. Gives me access and security.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveB View Post
    For me, the bedside safe is about security and convenience. I don't care about quick access because none of these is quick and reliable enough for me. Worst case: I wake up and someone's in the house? I do not want to be dicking around with buttons or keys. So I have an older GunVault at bedside. Every night, I open it, take the pistol out and put it on my bedside table. Every morning, it gets locked back up, when my EDC goes on. Gives me access and security.
    Couldn't agree more and that is precisely the usage intended for my new addition.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Couldn't agree more and that is precisely the usage intended for my new addition.
    The V-Line "BRUTE" arrived a couple hours ago and looks to be just what the doctor ordered. Thanks again for the excellent recommendations.

I'm glad to hear folks are speaking positively about the V-Line.

I'm looking at this guy for our campervan
    https://www.vlineind.com/shop/slide-...-handgun-safe/

The stated dimensions are
    Outer Dim: 10″x13″x4″

my opening is 10.5"x5" so it seems almost ready-fit.

Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

In the three years since my post above regarding the purchase of the V-Line "Brute", I've been nothing but satisfied. I think you will be as well. They build a quality product.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    In the three years since my post above regarding the purchase of the V-Line "Brute", I've been nothing but satisfied. I think you will be as well. They build a quality product.
    The one I bought was defective. 6 months in the lock seized! Would not budge. I called customer service and told them I was going to pry my gun out. After them walking me through several things to no avail they said pry it open take the gun out and send it back to them for a full refund or exchanged. I ended up taking the refund and bought a Hornady safe that allow me to use battery back up, AC power, pin code, key, and/or RFID. I’ve had that for 2 years now with no issues.

User Tag List