Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: M&P Compact...22

I need to see if I can find one of these at my local shop to fondle. I suspect I will have to have one ASAP.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnN View Post
    Comparison pictures of the Shield w/8rd mag and the M&P Compact 22.
    I'm thinking of this as a semi-auto Model 34.

Okie John

I'm thinking of this as a semi-auto Model 34.
    Excellent point and exactly what I think about my 2214.

Got to fiddlefaddle one of these last night (just manhandled, didn't shoot it). That safety is ugly – extremely mushy and flimsy feeling.

Did not walk away impressed.

Thumb safety on the one my wife got clicks on and off better than any M&P I have felt.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Thinking about picking one up for my wife. How's the trigger reach? Anything further than the mp9c is too much (as you may remember, GJM!)
    The answer, it seems to me, is wrath. The mind cannot foresee its own advance. --FA Hayek Specialization is for insects.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Thumb safety on the one my wife got clicks on and off better than any M&P I have felt.
    Really? It felt too me like it was going to break off in my hand!

Could there be that much variance in feel between different guns or was something off?

Quote Originally Posted by MDS View Post
    Thinking about picking one up for my wife. How's the trigger reach? Anything further than the mp9c is too much (as you may remember, GJM!)
    My wife and I have long fingers, so you better coonfinger one. Dimensionally, it seems like a Shield in .22.

Quote Originally Posted by jc000 View Post
    Really? It felt too me like it was going to break off in my hand!

Could there be that much variance in feel between different guns or was something off?
    Variation in a current S&W -- shocked face. Kidding aside, it felt better made than the M&P .22 that we have (somewhere).
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by MDS View Post
    I just handled one in my fav LGS and I was extremely impressed with the safety postion and feel on/off and the trigger was great - SA more or less. Size seemed great for small hands. I think smaller than the M&P C. It's trigger was better than the M&P by a large margin (that I handled side by side) albeit the .22 is SA IIRC. This store priced it at $329. Wicked cool little pistol.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by VolGrad View Post
    Hey, if it's not a back-up to a ninja blaster or a training version of the same then what's the point? Don't you know shooting isn't a sport? It's a way of life or death. No one shoots for fun any more. If it's not part of a meticulous training regimen whereas every single round has a purpose .... Well, you get my point. Don't waste your ammo.

Update; forgot the winky face.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. Sorry if some of the words don't make sense. I promise I'm literate.
    I've been shooting a lot more .22 than anything else lately, mainly a local version of the Steel Challenge with my son and the grown up version in the form of the SCSA. I've been running the crap out of a Mark 2 and more recently a Model 17. I walk into a gun store and go look at .22's instead of centerfire anything. I pursue .22 ammo, accessories for the blasters and so forth with much more interest than any other platform.
    Between the 10/22 takedown, the M&P .22, model 17, Mark 2, H&R 999 and a slew of cheap single shot bolt actions and lesser known semi autos I need another .22 like a need government run healthcare, which is why I'm eyeballs the Ruger American. :-)
    Men freely believe that which they desire.
    Julius Caesar

User Tag List