Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pistol sights for a revolver shooter

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Haggard View Post
    I really, really like sights such as the orange front/black rear Ameriglo sights. They help me pick up and track my front sight far more easily and far quicker
    +1.

Before going out and purchasing something, give this a try on the Trijicons that your Glocks already have. Get a black Sharpie and a red Sharpie. Black out the white outline of the rear tritium vials. Then use the red Sharpie on the lenses of the rear vials. The front sight should stand out better in the light, and in the dark, the rear dots will be a dull yellow, letting the green front be much more prominent.* If you wish, then paint the face of the front sight with whatever color strikes your fancy, being careful not to get any on the lens or white ring of the tritium insert.

* All credit to Mr. Haggard.

Quote Originally Posted by Sotex View Post
    +1.

Before going out and purchasing something, give this a try on the Trijicons that your Glocks already have. Get a black Sharpie and a red Sharpie. Black out the white outline of the rear tritium vials. Then use the red Sharpie on the lenses of the rear vials. The front sight should stand out better in the light, and in the dark, the rear dots will be a dull yellow, letting the green front be much more prominent.* If you wish, then paint the face of the front sight with whatever color strikes your fancy, being careful not to get any on the lens or white ring of the tritium insert.

* All credit to Mr. Haggard.
    This is way to simple to be effective. I will be giving this a try at lunch. I dont know why I have never really thought of this. I guess I was worried about the tritium insert. My daughter has every shade of sharpie known to man.

Quote Originally Posted by camsdaddy View Post
    This is way to simple to be effective. I will be giving this a try at lunch. I dont know why I have never really thought of this. I guess I was worried about the tritium insert. My daughter has every shade of sharpie known to man.
    I'm interested in hearing your thoughts afterward.

I didn't get a chance to shoot it or spend much time dry firing today at lunch. The soonest I will be able to shoot the gun may be Monday. Initially I really like it because its clean and clear. Honestly it looks a lot like my 17's sight picture. I thought they were just dull and dingy. I shoot the 17 better and I almost wonder if the clear sight picture is part of it. I will be interested to see what I find as well.

If all your revolvers have a Baughmann Ramp and your Glock has a Patridge style front sight you're going to have a significant difference in contrast regardless of color.
    Men freely believe that which they desire.
    Julius Caesar

User Tag List