Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Glock "CQB Standoff" dongle

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    If the factory Glock design incorporated a standard "stand off" structure of the frame, it would be hailed as a brilliant design feature missing from all lesser semi autos.
    ...on GlockTalk at least.
    All I know is that I know nothing. - Socrates

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    If the factory Glock design incorporated a standard "stand off" structure of the frame, it would be hailed as a brilliant design feature missing from all lesser semi autos.
    This is the stated reason for the guide rod protruding past the muzzle of the XD. It's one of the few things about the design that I don't think is a completely terrible idea.

Quote Originally Posted by DonovanM View Post
    ...on GlockTalk at least.
    LOL that much for sure anyway. But still . . .
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

If you just put a flashlight like the X300 on your gun, you have the same standoff effect... plus you'd have a flashlight. And they make holsters to fit them.

Quote Originally Posted by jslaker View Post
    This is the stated reason for the guide rod protruding past the muzzle of the XD. It's one of the few things about the design that I don't think is a completely terrible idea.
    There are other ways to strike an enemy with your handgun, if for some reason a muzzle strike cannot be achieved. This feature, like most other aspects of the XD, are an answer to a question no one asked.

Quote Originally Posted by GermanSynergy View Post
    This feature, like most other aspects of the XD, are an answer to a question no one asked.
    I don't particularly disagree. On the other hand, its presence doesn't really negatively affect anything either.

Quote Originally Posted by GermanSynergy View Post
    This feature, like most other aspects of the XD, are an answer to a question no one asked.
    Jeff Cooper used to say that about other valuable and useful developments. And I care not for this add on feature as it takes too long for gizmos to be truly proven out like so many aftermarket parts.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by jumpthestack View Post
    If you just put a flashlight like the X300 on your gun, you have the same standoff effect... plus you'd have a flashlight. And they make holsters to fit them.
    So I should get a light with a huge instant-death bezel?

Just kidding, that is a decent idea.

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    Bro I AIWB carry that bro.
    Good one!

A piece of equipment that is designed to be used with a sub-optimal method of solving a specific gun-fight problem (0-5') is in my opinion not the way to go. Contact shots and projecting the gun entangled will 99.5% of the time create more problems than it solves in my opinion and experience.

User Tag List