Thread: Brady's death ruled homicide

Brady's death ruled homicide

Is this common? I have never heard of someone dying of a homicide 33 years after the incident and 73 seems awfuly close to the current life expectancy.
    Is this standard practice or is this a political act?

Brady's death ruled homicide

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/n...cide/13797361/

Now its on Drudge, they link to this

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/...rc=al_national

David Gunby died in 2001, age 58, 35 years after Charles Whitman started shooting from the Main Building at University of Texas, Austin. His death was ruled as a homicide. So... it ain't unprecedented, at least.

It sounds a little strange to me. Then again, there are other instances of medical examiners going rogue such as this case in Chicago:

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/fr/1702931/posts
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

The FBI Law Enforcement Officers Killed and Assaulted report routinely reports officer deaths from shooting long ago, sometimes decades.

For instance, from the 2012, the latest, report.
    FBI ? Summaries of Officers Feloniously Killed

On January 23, a former police officer with the Akron Police Department died as the result of a gunshot wound received while conducting an armed robbery investigation. At 3:20 a.m. on April 10, 1965, the officer, who was 25 years old and had almost 2 years of law enforcement experience at the time of the incident, was with another officer and a police reserve officer when they stopped a vehicle during their investigation. Shortly thereafter, both officers and the reserve officer were found shot and lying on the pavement. The three victim officers were transported to the hospital, where one officer was pronounced dead and the other officers were treated. Although these two officers survived, their injuries were permanently disabling. The 25-year-old suspect, who had an extensive criminal history including violent crime and weapons violations, was arrested. Since one officer died on the day of the incident, the suspect was charged with First-Degree Murder of a Law Enforcement Officer and was sentenced to life in prison. The former police officer who survived the initial attack continuously struggled with serious health complications of long-term quadriplegia due to the gunshot wound to the neck/throat that he sustained. According to the chief medical examiner, the injuries received during the incident were considered a contributing factor to his death, which occurred nearly 47 years later.
    Brady was obviously not a cop, but reporting him as a homicide is not surprising, given that he is a National Hero, at least to some segments of the population.
    When I give private lessons, if I need to demo, I use the student's gun. That way they don't think I'm using a tricked out SCCY to be able to shoot well.

Site Supporter
    I'd love to see Hinckley convicted on this, although I think it would be tough to do. The fact that he is not securely locked up is a travesty.

It's just a way for the Anti Gun Lobby to skew the data on gun deaths.

Quote Originally Posted by bossfrog View Post
    It's just a way for the Anti Gun Lobby to skew the data on gun deaths.
    I know we're generally big on anti-gun conspiracy theories here, but I suspect this has more to do with leveraging Hinckley back under lock and key at a mental institution than skewing the data on gun deaths. If you are unaware - Hinckley was found not guilty by reason of mental insanity for the charges of attempted murder. He was locked down in a mental institution for years, but recently has been given the freedom of unsupervised leaves to visit his family, etc. Who knows if he is still a threat to society or not, but I'm guessing a few powerful people would like to see Hinckley back under lock and key for the rest of his life and my guess is, they will attempt to try him for a murder charge, and plea it out to yank away freedom.

-Rob

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    ...anti-gun conspiracy theories...
    The ones I'm seeing are annoying me. Here's another chance for my team to demonstrate our complete ignorance of the law, and it seems we're not gonna waste it.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Site Supporter
    Standard within the US, is that if an injury is responsible for a death, then the injury determines the manner of death. Time delay between the injury and death is irrelevant. If the injury is deliberately inflicted by another, it will be a homicide. No conspiracy here, just usual practice.

Sent from my GT-P7310 using Tapatalk HD

Quote Originally Posted by nycnoob View Post
    Is this common? I have never heard of someone dying of a homicide 33 years after the incident and 73 seems awfuly close to the current life expectancy.
    Is this standard practice or is this a political act?
    What should his death been ruled as? If your choices are natural death, homicide, accidental death, suicide and unexplained death, and you have absolutely no information on the cause of his death, what's the best choice? Anything but homicide?

User Tag List