Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Corey & Erika, outed again?

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    it looks like they took their website down?

https://www.rangetimets.com/

isn't working for me.

What I went there to see was, they had two other instructor listed, both with more truthful sounding mil experience, which makes me wonder what those guys think of all this.

their FB does appear to be up.
    https://www.facebook.com/cory07ink
    This works as of a minute ago: http://rangetimets.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Sierra View Post
    This works as of a minute ago: http://rangetimets.com/
    I can't check it on my flip phone.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    If some of you people were leading nearly the internet-free-awesome lives you claim to, you wouldn't feel the need to go around reminding everyone else of it all the time. If you actually don't know, or don't care, who the players are or the issue at hand, there really isn't much reason to post in the thread, is there?
    I thank you for your time in answering the question. Honestly can't say I recall hearing of this duo. Hot chicks are pretty common on the old net as well so even she doesn't ring a bell. I'm not really sure what the snark was for but whatever floats your boat.

This duo came across my Youtube radar when I was surfing for stuff from the likes of Lamb, Vickers & Hackenthorn. Frankly I found they didn't offer me anything, so I only drop in when they post things from their guests like Avery, Costa etc.

Any interest in training with them would have quickly vanished when I saw that long line of targets and videos of classes where every target has a student. The impression I got is that you likely wouldn't get the appropriate individual attention you would expect because of the large class size. Hopefully they have the appropriate number of SO's.
    Scott
    Only Hits Count - The Faster the Hit the more it Counts!!!!!!; DELIVER THE SHOT!
    Stephen Hillier - "An amateur practices until he can do it right, a professional practices until he can't do it wrong."

"I don't care if it matters to you.

We police up our own and we don't care what you think.

Shut up, sit in the corner, and let the knuckle draggers sort it out."

That right there is the best thing in the entire FB post that was linked. I don't know who these people are, nor care. These often devolve into witch hunts often led by a bunch of other folks who never served in the military. Leave this stuff to those whose Valor was actually stolen. Otherwise it is simply more un-scrupulous folks in the firearms training (know Entertraining) world.......which has become par for the course. Thankfully, very few folks fantasize about being a knuckle dragging street cop, so the poser factor for me is far less to worry about. This is one area where I really do feel empathy for the SEAL's, "Snipers", and other special ops folks.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Oh good lord, here we go...

Corey & Erika have had a pretty popular youtube channel, fueled mostly by the attractiveness and short-short-cladded-ness of the female half, which they in turn have attempted to grow into a fulltime gig training others. Corey sports the standard "operator" appearance of beard, full sleeve tattoos, and plate carrier most of the time, as well as the often-nebulous military experience. I believe he ran the channel, largely in obscurity, prior to the appearance of Erika, after which their popularity went up drastically.

https://www.youtube.com/user/cory07ink

If some of you people were leading nearly the internet-free-awesome lives you claim to, you wouldn't feel the need to go around reminding everyone else of it all the time. If you actually don't know, or don't care, who the players are or the issue at hand, there really isn't much reason to post in the thread, is there?
    Rob, thanks for answering my question. If I came off as snarky, dismissive, or condescending, I apologize. I genuinely had never heard of these people and asked the question because I thought that I might learn something useful from the answer. I did.

As a retired soldier, I'm always interested in "stolen valor" stories.

Quote Originally Posted by oldtexan View Post
    Rob, thanks for answering my question. If I came off as snarky, dismissive, or condescending, I apologize. I genuinely had never heard of these people and asked the question because I thought that I might learn something useful from the answer. I did.
    Well said and in a gentlemanly manner.
    #RESIST

It doesn't surprise me.

Watch the old Magpul Dynamics videos with Travis Haley and Chris Costa.

Then watch "Cory and Erica at Range Time" via YouTube. You'll see an eerie similarity in the "training" content, down to the exact lines almost. Were I a member of the Magpul stuff I'd be considering copyright litigation.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

Maybe Instructor Zero and Erika will make a video?
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

I thought they were the ones that did line drills which resembled an electric slide with handguns? But maybe I am thinking of the wrong couple. Its hard to keep track when you get old and the brain approaches its saturation point.
    "You can't win a war with choirboys. " Mad Mike Hoare

User Tag List