Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Freedom Munitions ammo known for hard primers?

Is Freedom Munitions ammo known for hard primers?

115 gr 9 mm, new. Getting light strikes. Thanks.

Shot a few thousand through a Glock with Taran Butler's reduced spring kit without issue.

I have a few hundred rounds of the 115 reman RPT through Glocks 17 and 19. Good strikes. Guns are stock.
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    115 gr 9 mm, new. Getting light strikes. Thanks.
    I think they use CCI Primers.

I've shot about 5k rounds (if not more) of Freedom Munitions in my Glocks, M&P, and Ruger carbine without a single problem. 90 percent of that was 115 grain, but I think one of my lots might have been 124 grain.

Ive shot 1000+ through several guns and never a hiccup. I am curious if anyone has had accuracy issues compared new ammo from Winchester or Federal etc?

In my experience, not at all...at least not with the CZ75 Shadow with Ext Firing Pin.
    Being in the ammo business, though, you can't always guarantee the consistency of ammo and primers. When you need 500,000 primers and you have demand, you are going to get them wherever you can. Winchester primers are normally good but we had a bad batch. We are having excellent quality from Ginex primers in Jack Ross, and they are made in Bosnia. Freedom doesn't make their own primers, so they are just buying them from whoever gives them the best price and availability. You can ask for samples from suppliers, but guess what the suppliers send you?....yep, their best primers hand inspected.

You could just be into a bad batch. I have gone through at least 5000 of the 9mm Freedom with zero primer issues...I did have a few cases that were not sized correctly. They use the same bullets that we use at Jack Ross and they are excellent. I never see any keyholing or plating separation (on paper.)

Cody
    That a well-regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defense of a free state;

Quote Originally Posted by camsdaddy View Post
    Ive shot 1000+ through several guns and never a hiccup. I am curious if anyone has had accuracy issues compared new ammo from Winchester or Federal etc?
    I find it less accurate. Doesn't show up close and on bigger targets, but ringing steel at 100 yards is less successful with this ammo than anything else.

Interesting stuff on CCI primers as I get light occasional light strikes with Blazer too.

Thanks for info to everyone.

Most recent shipment of Freedom Munitions 115 reman had primers that were visually identical to a batch of loaded Herters/S&B. They are a pretty flat shape, gold in color. Anything with a known-CCI in it on hand is a bit rounder and silver. FYI
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

At the Vogel class I hosted in June two guys were running the 115gr Freedom Munitions ammo and both were experiencing an average of like 1 light primer strike every 20 rounds with it.

User Tag List