Quote Originally Posted by MSparks909 View Post
I'd argue that waterfowl hunting is much more exciting than turkey hunting! I hunt winged creatures from the beginning of September to the end of January. I'll be shooting a round of 5 stand and sporting clays this weekend to stay "fresh" for the upcoming early season teal, dove and goose opener in 3 weeks.
You should try crow hunting.

To GJMs point, it is my policy when hunting that shotguns are chamber empty when moving from stand to stand, period. That includes myself, family and guests. It is too easy to have something "reach out and grab" you when walking through the woods and make you drop a shotgun. I am not comfortable that all shotguns are drop safe and if we miss a bird because no one has a loaded gun, so what.

It is easy with the Benelli I use most of the time and the old Stevens 311 that I use some of the time. This is one of the reasons I like Benelli or doubles for hunting versus some of the other guns that rely on magazine cut offs. The Benelli is much faster to get back into action than my brothers Maxxus when you forget to reload after moving.

It is a pain in the rear when I use my Dad's old BPS every once in a while. (No magazine cut off)

I am also a serious stickler when it comes to where the muzzle is pointed. It is either up or down when walking and when we setup in the blind, you have your arc of fire and I have mine.

I only shoot informal skeet with small hand loaded thrower with friends. If you aren't the one shooting your gun is not in your hands.

I think I would probably have problems like JV on a skeet range.