Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Jerry Miculek - Superhero?

Site Supporter
    That shot was amazing. The thing I can't wrap my head around is where the round impacted in relation to the balloon. Did the bullet essentially fall through the balloon or did the splash from the round hitting the steel break the balloon?

Spall broke the balloon.

Quote Originally Posted by HopetonBrown View Post
    Spall broke the balloon.
    Yeah, but it was 1,000 yards double-action with a red-dot sighted revolver. He broke the balloon, that counts!

Indeed it is balloon schmalloon - That steel is roughly man sized and he hits it after his second shot at 1000 yards. I personally would have then liked to see Jerry empty the rest of the gun. Any guess, would he get 7, 6, 5, or 4 of 8? I know if you gave me the revolver and a case of ammo, I might eventually figure out the ranging and hit the gong, but it would take some practice. Like Malamute, I would have liked to have known how long Jerry practiced that shot, before the video setup.

-Rob

Jerry is one of the most amazing shooters I've ever met. What's more, he's one of the most humble shooters I've ever met. Always has a smile on his face and is always willing to talk with anyone.

I don't care if he practiced for a week on that shot. It's still downright amazing to pull off. It honestly wouldn't surprise me if he only shot 2 rounds at it. I've seen him shoot and every time he was done I expected someone to light off fireworks.

Truly a shooting Hall of Famer.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. No View Post
    Always has a smile on his face and is always willing to talk with anyone.
    He has an awesome amount of enthusiasm for all things shooting - I can appreciate that. The laugh he lets out after a successful hit is memorable.

Quote Originally Posted by Drifting Fate View Post
    He has a cape hidden somewhere.
    The only thing that I learned from watching the Incredibles is that a cape will get you killed.

Quote Originally Posted by CMG View Post
    The only thing that I learned from watching the Incredibles is that a cape will get you killed.

Quote Originally Posted by Edwin View Post
    With exception of the looks department, Jerry has Black Widow as portrayed in the movie beat.

Quote Originally Posted by PPGMD View Post
    With exception of the looks department, Jerry has Black Widow as portrayed in the movie beat.
    Looks have little to do with lethality, look at all the hipster sporting beardo's who look like a 5.11 magazine puked them out but are nothing more than cannon fodder.

User Tag List