Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Slick-Top patrol cars

Quote Originally Posted by Palmguy View Post
    . She famously had her service weapon stolen from her government issued vehicle in front of her house. ."
    That has happened to all sorts of LE types who should know better.

My favorite is the female FBI "agent" who left her government ride unattended in a- special- neighborhood while dropping in for a nooner... excuse me, visiting a friend. Homie got all sorts of goodies out of that one.

Quote Originally Posted by KeeFus View Post
    I like the idea of the pattern changing to a slower pattern when the vehicle goes into park but our installers either don't know how or just choose not to do it.
    I've had some very frustrating experiences with installers over the years. Most of the time, the guy who owns a radio shop is smart and can do most anything. However, he tends to hire minimum wage people who struggle to avoid putting holes in gas tanks or brake lines. One of the last installers I dealt with a had a dude with an ankle bracelet doing the actual work.

Our coordinate our vehicle setups and we have a eight page wiring plan which explicitly tells the installer what is expected. There is then a checklist when a vehicle is picked up.

As far as neat ideas go, I had them tie the passenger side spotlight into the takedowns. When you hit the takedowns, it looks like there's a second officer in the vehicle
    • It's not the odds, it's the stakes.
    • If you aren't dry practicing every week, you're not serious.....
    • "Tache-Psyche Effect - a polite way of saying 'You suck.' " - GG

Quote Originally Posted by BOM View Post
    Thanks for sharing, John.

A lot more thought goes into setting up the warning lights on a police vehicle than I would have ever thought. Interesting reading.

Those utilities are 4WD?
    Don't even get me started on picking a flash pattern....

Sent via Tapatalk and still using real words.

A new Explorer with slick lighting stopped by last night to respond beside my house. Night mode was used and it was easier to see me approach when taking out my garbage. The ambulance, when it arrived was so distracting and erratic that it was able to mask the movement of someone approaching from another house (garbage night).

The officer urged the ambulance to change its lights and visibility returned.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

User Tag List