Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Tactics Against Active Shooters

Quote Originally Posted by KevinB View Post
    I dont mean to be an ass, but...

FBI just went back to 9mm.

And perhaps more importantly none of the guns you list are really known for their reliability.

I've seen targets hit with 40mm that took off their lower body - and still try to reach for an AK.
    Nothing made by man is absolute (will give nukes a pass for this discussion).

I've hit a guy 3 times with an AK center torso (I have no love for 7.62x39 but that is another story) who then limped to a vehicle to exfil.
    People who got hit with 1 5.56mm "anemic" M855 round and dropped deader than a doornail.
    Yep. One of those all time great "Holy crap, Batman" moments of my life was when the guy next to me took a round from the Commie equivalent of our .50 BMG. You could literally see light on the other side through him. He lasted long enough to cuss, slap a new mag in his rifle and get about 5 rounds out before he stopped. Some folks are just hard to bring down.
    "PLAN FOR YOUR TRAINING TO BE A REFLECTION OF REAL LIFE INSTEAD OF HOPING THAT REAL LIFE WILL BE A REFLECTION OF YOUR TRAINING!"

Thank-you Claude for posting a link to the interview, I have also book marked your blog.

The more I read, the more I realize how much I don't know - thanks to all for sharing.

Totally OT, but I'm almost sad you guys banned StenGun. This thread had me busting up.

OTOH, the original article by Claude is excellent. I've taken a number of classes that made heavy use of SIRTs or Blue guns for large portions of the scenario training, using airsoft for the remainder. It's definitely helped me focus on tactics in those classes, rather than how well (or more often poorly) I'm shooting.

User Tag List