Thread: Mother Jones: "The NRA's Murder Mystery"

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar

Mother Jones: "The NRA's Murder Mystery"

The bastion of non-partisan objectivity has an article about the NRA's head legal counsel.

Do a Google search for "NRA site:motherjones.com"

10,700 results. Page after page of hit pieces.

I'm eagerly awaiting their expose of the Kennedy family's murderous history, should be coming out any day now.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Rather than start another thread, I figured I'd just add to the hysterical anti-gun derp. I hope the driftiness is cool since its the Romper Room, and there's not much discussion in the thread to derail.

America’s firearms culture forged by paranoia, racism and civil rights unrest

This week, the United States Court of Appeals for the 11th Circuit upheld a 2011 Florida law that makes it illegal for doctors to ask parents if they keep a gun in their house — notwithstanding the fact that the presence of such a weapon is, according to one expert, “43 times more likely to be involved in the death of a member of the household than to be used in self-defence.”
    43 times more likely to shoot a family member, huh? I swear that number increases with every sham "study" they do. Some more interesting bits:

Earlier this year, Georgia Governor Nathan Deal signed legislation known to critics as the “guns everywhere bill.” The law allows Georgia residents to carry guns into bars, most government buildings and gun-friendly churches..... But for these Canadians, guns are tools, not objects of psycho-sexual religious veneration..... During the Civil War and the Reconstruction era that followed it, white American men in the south, including returning Civil War veterans, held onto their guns dearly as a means to protect them from the emancipated black hordes..... In 1967, Guns & Ammo told readers that gun control was part of a plot hatched by “criminal-coddling do-gooders, borderline psychotics, as well as Communists and leftists who want to lead us into the one-world welfare state.” By the Reagan era, these paranoid notions became part of the American conservative mainstream..... As for the NRA, it morphed from a sportsmen’s club into a political organizational that warned its members of UN black helicopters and “jack-booted government thugs.” It also began funding legal scholars seeking inventive arguments for expanding Second Amendment protection to every weapon imaginable..... Perhaps more importantly, we Canadians are a less Evangelical people, and so have less tolerance for apocalyptic narratives and action-movie reveries about “sacred stuff” residing in this or that mass-produced weapon.
    I'm surprised "guns everywhere law" hasn't been used more often to describe CCW laws. The anti-gunners love that tactic. And "psycho-sexual religious veneration" for guns? Really? And it seems like European smugness is catching on in Canada, at least with this clown.

Those morons think we're all like this.

When I give private lessons, if I need to demo, I use the student's gun. That way they don't think I'm using a tricked out SCCY to be able to shoot well.

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
    And "psycho-sexual religious veneration" for guns? Really?
    Do people with a psycho-sexual religious veneration for guns have a club you can join? Asking for a friend.

[I'm being facetious, please don't flame me.]

The antis are getting really desperate now....

Your daily dose of anti-gun derp:

I assume she's trying to make a point about business owners exercising their rights as property owners to create a safe environment for patrons. But she just sounds like an idiot in this quote.
    Last edited by Stephen; 08-04-2014 at 10:49 PM.

User Tag List