Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Taurus fires CEO Mark Kresser

Quote Originally Posted by av8usn View Post
    Dang, I hope they do not lose Jessie Duff!
    I get a brain ache just about every time I see Jessie Duff (an awesome shooter who undoubtedly runs top-of-the-line gear) pimping Taurus products as part of her sponsorship package.
    Looking for a gun blog with AARs, gear reviews, and the occasional random tangent written by a hardcore geek? trevoronthetrigger.wordpress.com/
    Latest post: The Rogers Shooting School Experience (15 Jul 2014)

Quote Originally Posted by TheTrevor View Post
    I get a brain ache just about every time I see Jessie Duff (an awesome shooter who undoubtedly runs top-of-the-line gear) pimping Taurus products as part of her sponsorship package.
    Especially because her guns have just about as much in common with a Taurus as Jeff Gordon's racecar does with a commercial Chevy SS.

Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Especially because her guns have just about as much in common with a Taurus as Jeff Gordon's racecar does with a commercial Chevy SS.
    Excellent analogy. I was actually trying for a car-racing analogy but all my Crossfit-addled brain could come up with was something about Yugo sponsoring an IndyCar...
    Looking for a gun blog with AARs, gear reviews, and the occasional random tangent written by a hardcore geek? trevoronthetrigger.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by TheTrevor View Post
    I thought most guys liked her guns.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I thought most guys liked her guns.
    IMHO she is the most attractive, photogenic woman competing professionally in shooting sports today. Never met her in person, but I've yet to see an unflattering picture of her. Not sure how much that helps with the sponsorship deals, but it can't hurt.

Taurus fires CEO Mark Kresser

Wrong pic
    Can't find the other one, that may have been180+ a second before

Very nice when squadded with us a class mortals.

Not much taurus on that 2011

Man that's close to the 180. I don't think I'd call it though.

According to various reports, Taurus fired their CEO Mark Kresser this morning. I reported just the facts over at Gun Nuts, but here I can engage in some wild speculation as to why. If I had to hazard a guess, I'd say it probably had something to do with the failure of Taurus' various attempts to rebrand themselves as a company.

I do wish Mark good luck with whatever happens next, but it is interesting that he was rather suddenly fired from his position at Taurus. Unfortunately, I'll probably never know the real reason he was let go, but we can speculate.
    Taurus has a quality problem, even now. Ever seen the internals of their 1911s? No educated buyer is going to pick a PT anything in a world with $650 HKs and $500 M&Ps.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

I can't speak to Taurus improvements in QC because I haven't noticed really, however Jesse is terribly charming in person, and she smells really nice.

Name:  Me and Jesse.jpg
Views: 319
Size:  52.4 KB

Quote Originally Posted by GardoneVT View Post
    ...No educated buyer is going to pick a PT anything in a world with $650 HKs and $500 M&Ps.
    Bob Taubert's Rattenkreig is the last book that I read cover-to-cover. One of the big surprises in the book, for me, was that he included Taurus among the brands of pistol he recommended.

User Tag List