Thread: Trijicon HD's on a M&P

Trijicon HD's on a M&P

I recently installed HD sights on my M&P. I like everything about the sites but the top rear edge of the back sight is sharp & is even or slightly protrudes past the slide. I carry AIWB and the sight irritates my dunlop if you know what I mean. I don't have this problem with my USPc. But the HD sight doesn't extend past the rear of the slide on the USP. Just wanted to hear others opinions that have noticed this sharp edge and maybe what they have done to carry comfortably. (No do more sit-ups remarks please)

10-8 makes a nice U notch rear sight that follows the slide contour better. No tritium lamps, though.

I noticed the same thing with the HDs on a Glock. Not an issue for an LE duty holster gun, but it would have made a great stand in for a cheese grater.

Doesn't bother me with the P30 due to the slide shape. The M&P can get really annoying after a lot of bending down or squatting.
    Bob Loblaw lobs law bombs

Ameriglo makes a low profile HD style sight for the M&P that will not hurt your man cushion. This will allow you the benefit of the red HD front with a more reasonably sized rear.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    Ameriglo makes a low profile HD style sight for the M&P that will not hurt your man cushion. This will allow you the benefit of the red HD front with a more reasonably sized rear.
    I've about decided to roll with the Spartan setup.

What holster are you using?
    I had this issue when I carried an M&P in a Shaggy, then I switched to a JM Custom Kydex with full shield and it covered the sights and that issue went away.

Quote Originally Posted by jwperry View Post
    What holster are you using?
    I had this issue when I carried an M&P in a Shaggy, then I switched to a JM Custom Kydex with full shield and it covered the sights and that issue went away.
    I'm using a shaggy holster also. How does the JM holster change the comfort ? Does it ride lower or higher or a with a different angle ? I like my gun to ride low in my pants with just enough showing to get a good grip. Thanks

I found the JM to ride lower than the shaggy. But still high enough to get a good grip.
    I always felt that the shaggy was a little higher than comfortable.

User Tag List