Page 97 of 121 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899107 ... LastLast

Thread: New CZ P-07 = Mind Blown

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    CZ has a good track record of supporting and manufacturing its core CZ75 product lines. I’m not worried about the P-07/09. An optic ready version would be nice, but I prefer direct mill to a plate system anyway.
    What size grip insert do you use?

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    What size grip insert do you use?
    Small. I tried Med for a while and went back to small.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

CZ has a good track record of supporting and manufacturing its core CZ75 product lines. I’m not worried about the P-07/09. An optic ready version would be nice, but I prefer direct mill to a plate system anyway.
    Having a direct milled P09 and other handguns that are optics ready, I am finding I am prefering the direct milled option as well. My main issue with CZ right now is the lack of spare parts. I have been trying to find slide stops for months. Called CZ last week and they just said they are on order. No ETA.

Quote Originally Posted by claymore504 View Post
    Having a direct milled P09 and other handguns that are optics ready, I am finding I am prefering the direct milled option as well. My main issue with CZ right now is the lack of spare parts. I have been trying to find slide stops for months. Called CZ last week and they just said they are on order. No ETA.
    That’s annoying. I’ve found that a thin layer of Lucas or similar grease on the rod prolongs the life of the slide stop. I got 33k out of a Shadow2 SS.

Are the slide stops similar to other models? Because I have a pile of them.

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    Are the slide stops similar to other models? Because I have a pile of them.
    Nope. The 07/09 are unique to that line.

Thanks for offering to him!

Site Supporter
    Update on the Pimptastic P07:

The Primary machine barrel displays significantly better accuracy and also seems to have raised the POI somewhat, now allowing a 6:00 hold at 20 yards.

Me gusta. Now I just need to put the compensator on and see if that leaves me back to having a lower POI again (which seems reasonable for a compensated pistol)

Basically I'm looking to turn this into my open division carry TDA. Eventually I may mill it for an RDS, but this far iron sights with a big bright orange front seem to be doing it for me.

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

That’s annoying. I’ve found that a thin layer of Lucas or similar grease on the rod prolongs the life of the slide stop. I got 33k out of a Shadow2 SS.
    Indeed it is. yeah I use a little grease on them as well. I have not broke one yet, but just wanted a couple extras to change out when I want to. Plus it stinks that CZ did away with thier LE/MIL parts price discount.

Indeed it is. yeah I use a little grease on them as well. I have not broke one yet, but just wanted a couple extras to change out when I want to. Plus it stinks that CZ did away with thier LE/MIL parts price discount.
    Midway USA says ships May?

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/100426289

Also, not sure if maybe a P01 slide stop works for you.

Name:  CF11F95D-A8E2-4C06-BEB8-D64D9A5A665C.jpg
Views: 619
Size:  31.4 KB

Found on ENOS.

The other consideration is that you can just use a pin / rod without the slide lock part. That’s how I run most of my CZs anyway.

From the Armorers Manual @claymore504

I’ve found that slide stops last longer than 5k—especially with a little grease. I have never broken one in a P-07.

The FP “plug” roll pin should be replaced by a CGW pin. As well, protecting the pin from dryfire using a 1/2 earplug is a good idea.

That leaves the recoil spring, and I use a CGW guide rod and flat wire springs (15#).

The rest of the parts shouldn’t need attention until you reach 20k.

User Tag List