Page 89 of 121 FirstFirst ... 3979878889909199 ... LastLast

Thread: New CZ P-07 = Mind Blown

Quote Originally Posted by spyderco monkey View Post
    I went to the range today to zero my new 508 on my P09.

Chambered round - Click! No primer indentation. Try again - Click! And again- Click!

The nightmare scenario. A perfectly fine looking and well maintained gun, which function checks fine and looks perfect when field stripped, has somehow been deactivated.

Turns out, my firing pin retaining pin had an identical failure to yours, shattered in the middle. Totally disabled the firearm.

I'm frankly shocked this is a design feature / has not been changed.

Does anyone know if the CGW 'spring steel' pin solves this issue? Or is this something I always have to be worried about?

If you're placing an order from CGW, I would get a few of their trigger return springs if you don't already have spares on hand. My CZ TRS broke around 2,000 rounds.

The CGW fprp is IMO a necessary upgrade to any modern CZ hammer fired pistol. It should last a lifetime if you dryfire only a hundred times or so per year.

If the gun is your primary dryfire gun it would probably be wise to replace the CGW pin once per year, along with the TRS.

Personally I don't do anything to protect the firing pin and havent had any breakage of the CGW pin on any gun, but I also havent had more than a couple thousand dry fires through any one gun.

That's good to hear. The OEM FP is harder on the roll pin than the CGW extended FP. The OEM pin has a sharp edge on the retaining pin cutout, while the CGW pin is smoothly beveled. I've considered lightly rounding the OEM pin at that area.

Quote Originally Posted by TicTacticalTimmy View Post
    The CGW fprp is IMO a necessary upgrade to any modern CZ hammer fired pistol. It should last a lifetime if you dryfire only a hundred times or so per year.

If the gun is your primary dryfire gun it would probably be wise to replace the CGW pin once per year, along with the TRS.

Personally I don't do anything to protect the firing pin and havent had any breakage of the CGW pin on any gun, but I also havent had more than a couple thousand dry fires through any one gun.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Interesting, that is good to know. I use the CGW extended pin on all my guns.

Thanks guys, I'm going to snag some CGW pins, as well as a few trigger return springs (bummer that yet another part is subject to such a rapid demise.)

In terms of dryfire, thats a main practice method for me. What is the best steps for dry fire with the P09? Snap caps I will snag, beyond that there was mention of a thick O-ring, does anyone know what size?

Quote Originally Posted by spyderco monkey View Post
    Thanks guys, I'm going to snag some CGW pins, as well as a few trigger return springs (bummer that yet another part is subject to such a rapid demise.)

In terms of dryfire, thats a main practice method for me. What is the best steps for dry fire with the P09? Snap caps I will snag, beyond that there was mention of a thick O-ring, does anyone know what size?
    #83 per the Brian Enos forum. I just bought a multi size pack and grab whatever seems to fit when I start losing them.

Before you lose faith on the TRS, the CGW are supposed to last and last, and while I’ve broken a few of the stock TRS back in the day, the new Shadow 2 red TRS that I’ve seen show up in more models - I have not broken any of those, supposed to be improved. Easy to replace and if worried, replace every year on a certain date.
    When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk. -Tuco
    Today is victory over yourself of yesterday... -Miyamoto Musashi

Quote Originally Posted by guymontag View Post
    Before you lose faith on the TRS, the CGW are supposed to last and last, and while I’ve broken a few of the stock TRS back in the day, the new Shadow 2 red TRS that I’ve seen show up in more models - I have not broken any of those, supposed to be improved. Easy to replace and if worried, replace every year on a certain date.
    I have over 200,000 cycles on a single CGW TRS, and have never broken one in 6 guns. The new bluish OEM TRS appear to be highly durable as well.

Quote Originally Posted by guymontag View Post
    #83 per the Brian Enos forum. I just bought a multi size pack and grab whatever seems to fit when I start losing them.

Excellent, thank you. Ill snag some of those.

Nice to hear that the CW TRS solves the longevity issue.

Got the pin replaced and hit the range today, gun working perfectly again.

Best group of the day at 15yd offhand:

New CZ P-07 = Mind Blown

509t2 slide just arrived from Stonebridge Gunworks. It looks great. Irons are low, just visible at bottom of window.

Needless to say, a serious amount of testing needs to happen before I’m ready to endorse this setup.

Last edited by Clusterfrack; 12-15-2021 at 05:30 PM.

User Tag List