Page 84 of 121 FirstFirst ... 3474828384858694 ... LastLast

Thread: New CZ P-07 = Mind Blown

Site Supporter
    Dammit all.

So who do we like for RDS mounting for the P-07?

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Recently escaped the People's Republic of Portland
    Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Dammit! Now y'all have me wanting to do a RDS slide cut on one of my P-07s. If these are my criteria, where should I send it, what type of cut, and what optic?

1. Anti-obsolescence. I keep my guns for a very long time, and there are few things I hate more than investing time and effort in a doomed platform. Is the RMR slide cut the way to go for this?
    2. Mechanically robust.
    3. Long service life.

Is the RMR 2 still the best choice? I don't care about a circle-dot reticle or anything like that.

@David S.
    @JCN
    @RJ
    @Cdub_NW
    @GJM
    @Trooper224

RMR2 is always a safe bet. I have seen and heard very good reviews with some of the Holosun RDS options as well as the gen2 ACRO. DDP2 is also a popular choice although I did see first hand some loss of the dot when looking into sunlight. Experienced the sunlight problem in December while training @ PFC in vegas so height of the sun was pretty low in the sky due to it being winter.

For my money, RMR2 is the winner, second option would probably be ACRO gen2

Quote Originally Posted by Cdub_NW View Post
    RMR2 is always a safe bet. I have seen and heard very good reviews with some of the Holosun RDS options as well as the gen2 ACRO. DDP2 is also a popular choice although I did see first hand some loss of the dot when looking into sunlight. Experienced the sunlight problem in December while training @ PFC in vegas so height of the sun was pretty low in the sky due to it being winter.

For my money, RMR2 is the winner, second option would probably be ACRO gen2
    Thanks. That's helpful. I'm not sure an Acro can fit on a P-07?
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Recently escaped the People's Republic of Portland

It is a big optic for sure... But having the enclosed emitter has a lot of benefits for a fighting pistol. Probably best to go RMR2 on a carry rig... that is what I went with and have not regretted it in the slightest.

Per email with cgw recently, they can mill for either the acro or 509t but can only guarantee buis for the 509t. I'll pay the language verbatim later when i get time if necessary.
    "...we suffer more in imagination than in reality." Seneca, probably.

It’s worth adding to my previous post.

I prefer to stay within a family of firearms. PX4/PX4C, G17/G19, P-07/P-09. As such, I think the P-09 is a better base platform for a competition gun than a PX4 full size.
    David S.

I’ll post pics later.

I have two P09’s and one P-07 milled for RMR/Holosun. I bought one preowned that was apparently milled by CGW. I had the other two milled by Vulcan Machine Works in Plano, TX.

There’s a bunch of good shops that I’m sure do good work, including Primary Machine. I don’t have any personal experience with them. I’m very satisfied with Vulcan.

Unless they’ve changed their process, I don’t like the CGW cut. Primarily, they didn’t cut forward bosses. I’m using full windage to maintain zero and there’s not much preventing the forward part of the optic from moving laterally. The pocket doesn’t seem as tight as my Vulcan slides.

Vulcan milled the Glock dovetail rear sight. I use a trapezoidal Ameriglo rear to reduce window obstruction and a Dawson serrated black up front.

For a concealed carry gun that could be pressed into gaming, I really like the Holosun optics. It has slightly more usable window than the RMR, side loading battery and I like the reticle choices. Im a fan of circle only. The micro dots would also be a really good fit for slightly better concealment. I’d be surprised if there’s enough real estate for an enclosed emitter optic and a rear BUIS.
    David S.

Picture time.

The black framed P-07 was the second job I had done by Vulcan Machine Works. You can see the optic is a bit wider than the slide. I'm a big guy, so I don't have a hard time concealing the larger optic, but I bet a micro Holosun or RMR would be perfect. BUIS sit very small and barely noticeable when using the dot.
    Name:  IMG_4888.jpg
Views: 1919
Size:  42.9 KB

Name:  IMG_4889.jpg
Views: 995
Size:  17.5 KB

According to the previous owner, the FDE framed P-09 was milled by CGW. They installed the sights too. I'm sure they used the aft edge of the original dovetail for the optic. As set up, things are very tight with very little material between the rear sight and the optic and between the rear sight and the vertical hammer cut out. Notice on the black P-07 has significantly more generous spacing. Presumably that additional material around the optic and sight is more durable.

Name:  IMG_4885.jpg
Views: 3118
Size:  55.4 KB

Name:  IMG_4886.jpg
Views: 1058
Size:  38.0 KB

According to the website, the closed emitter 509c is 0.17" shorter than the open emitter 507c. It's also a couple hundredths narrower, so it seems like a good option, unless the cross bolt sits too deep. The P-1 and P-2 are 0.12" longer than the 507c, so I'm guessing there's enough room.
    David S.

Name:  Screenshot_20210816-135217_Instagram.jpg
Views: 1247
Size:  20.5 KB

Here's the random p07 with a 509t i came across on IG that sent me searching for who did it. It ended up being cgw so i emailed them about enclosed emitters and this was the pertinent info from the reply

"We can mill for either one, but if you want co witness I know we can with the 509t, not sure with the acro as it is longer. To mill in a dovetail and mount a black rear is $100 and $60 for a front black sight."
    "...we suffer more in imagination than in reality." Seneca, probably.

I recently had a P09 milled by CGW for a Swamp Fox optic. I had the rear sight mounted forward of the optic. They did a great job and I am happy with it.

User Tag List