Page 73 of 120 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583 ... LastLast

Thread: New CZ P-07 = Mind Blown

Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    Are the talon grips for this gun a wise investment? I've been thinking about some upgrades.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
    The major issue with the P07/P09 grip texture I have is the back strap having a lack of grip texture. I have run Talon grips and had great results when applied correctly. However, I decided to just have the back straps stippled and they work great for me.

Quote Originally Posted by claymore504 View Post
    The major issue with the P07/P09 grip texture I have is the back strap having a lack of grip texture. I have run Talon grips and had great results when applied correctly. However, I decided to just have the back straps stippled and they work great for me.
    That's a very nice stippling job. Personally, I prefer a fairly smooth backstrap, so the OEM patters works well for me. I find that makes it easier to form my grip on the draw, and adjust if needed. As with nearly all guns, the stock P-07 lacks grip high on the sides, where a modern thumbs-forward grip applies pressure.
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    That's a very nice stippling job. Personally, I prefer a fairly smooth backstrap, so the OEM patters works well for me. I find that makes it easier to form my grip on the draw, and adjust if needed. As with nearly all guns, the stock P-07 lacks grip high on the sides, where a modern thumbs-forward grip applies pressure.
    Yeah I agree, not sure why companies do not take the texture all the way up on handguns.

Here’s a mod I made to an armorer’s block to make it easy to remove the hammer spring plug. Tip of a dummy round, held in place by part of a dog poop bag core.

Nice! I have been fighting this battle using a very small socket, but it is still a pain. This looks great. Going to mod my block.

Site Supporter
    Speaking of changing parts to increase reliability, do you all recommend changing to stock TRS to a CGW TRS? Supposedly this increases durability and longevity.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    Speaking of changing parts to increase reliability, do you all recommend changing to stock TRS to a CGW TRS? Supposedly this increases durability and longevity.
    I have the CGW TRS in all of my P-07s. I have had over 100k cycles on those springs in my S2s, so I'm satisfied that they are solid.

The newest P-07s appear to use upgraded parts, including a different-looking TRS. So, it's probably unnecessary if you have a new one, unless you are trying to reduce the DA pull (which I want to do).

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    I have the CGW TRS in all of my P-07s. I have had over 100k cycles on those springs in my S2s, so I'm satisfied that they are solid.

The newest P-07s appear to use upgraded parts, including a different-looking TRS. So, it's probably unnecessary if you have a new one, unless you are trying to reduce the DA pull (which I want to do).
    I’m going through a debate right now about what I want to do long term handgun wise. According you, the P-07 is not super difficult to detail strip. After watching a video of it done, I don’t know. lol My mechanical skills are limited to tire changes and filter changes!

So I want to make my guns last as long as as possible without detail stripping. Thus I’m trying to compile a list of CWG parts that do this. A smoother pull wouldn’t be bad, but a lighter pull is not my main goal.

You don't have to do a full detail strip to replace the TRS, but unless you have 1000's of cycles on it I don't think it's necessary.

The only really hard part is setting the tip of the decocker spring.

Lighter and smoother go hand-in-hand with the P-07, but again I think a mostly OEM gun is just fine. But... a full Prograde P-07 is even better.

I’m going through a debate right now about what I want to do long term handgun wise. According you, the P-07 is not super difficult to detail strip. After watching a video of it done, I don’t know. lol My mechanical skills are limited to tire changes and filter changes!

So I want to make my guns last as long as as possible without detail stripping. Thus I’m trying to compile a list of CWG parts that do this. A smoother pull wouldn’t be bad, but a lighter pull is not my main goal.

Site Supporter

My mechanical aptitude is about the same. Personally I had more trouble installing an Apex trigger in an M&P than I did with the CGW parts for my P-07.

I don't run a very light DA trigger mostly because of reliability issues with the lighter mainsprings...but the SA trigger on this pistol is worth it. And the DA still hangs around 8lbs

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

User Tag List