Page 62 of 121 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472112 ... LastLast

Thread: New CZ P-07 = Mind Blown

IME, the trigger is never going to get LTT good, but it does get very good. I think the CGW kit, a light polish, generous lube and a 11.5 or 13# spring go a long way.

Greg Cote is GTG for mags.
    David S.

Site Supporter
    Ordered. I definitely don't need the trigger to be LTT level, and even as is, the SA trigger is beyond what I expected. With the grip texture as is, I'm not sure that I'll need the talon tape and I might get the flitz and some Q tips if I get really bored.

Do we like CGW for the sights too? I'm looking hard at the fiber front and blacked out rear.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    Ordered. I definitely don't need the trigger to be LTT level, and even as is, the SA trigger is beyond what I expected. With the grip texture as is, I'm not sure that I'll need the talon tape and I might get the flitz and some Q tips if I get really bored.

Do we like CGW for the sights too? I'm looking hard at the fiber front and blacked out rear.

I have Dawson Precision sights on mine and like 'em a lot. Worth a look.

Neither of my guns shot POA at 20 yds with standard CGW/Dawson or Night Fision. The Night Fision rear is now paired with a 0.190” Dawson tritium front, and the Dawson rear is paired with a 0.170”. They now are spot on at 15-25 yds.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Site Supporter
    I might just be changing my tune on this gun's trigger. It responded REALLY well to the CGW pro kit, some grease and some dry fire.

It's probably still being broken in so I can't say for sure, but at this rate it could very easily be a better trigger than my Berettas. I'm getting DA trigger pulls (measured by my somewhat crappy spring scale) at 7.5lbs and SA at 2.75lbs (!!!) with the 15lb spring.

I'm extremely excited to get this gun to the range for some rapid fire drills.

... at this rate it could very easily be a better trigger than my Berettas.
    I didn’t want to comment until you had had a chance to work with it for a while. I prefer my Prograde P-07 with 13# spring to any Beretta I have tried. All good, but just my preference.

When you install the CGW trigger return spring and reduce the weight of the hammer spring, the SA pull gets lighter. If you want to increase the SA pull weight, the medium or heavy sear springs will do the trick, without sacrificing crispness. Both of my Prograde guns have SA pulls on the low end of the OEM published weight (3.3 - 5.5lbs).

I might just be changing my tune on this gun's trigger. It responded REALLY well to the CGW pro kit, some grease and some dry fire.

It's probably still being broken in so I can't say for sure, but at this rate it could very easily be a better trigger than my Berettas. I'm getting DA trigger pulls (measured by my somewhat crappy spring scale) at 7.5lbs and SA at 2.75lbs (!!!) with the 15lb spring.

A rear sight option (paired with a Dawson fiber optic front) that I liked on the P07 and P01 is the CZ Custom HTAC Serrated Black:

https://czcustom.com/cz-parts-all/fr...ght-black.html

Regarding the Cajun action components, the callout made about the DA roller is spot on in my experience, and was the hardest thing for me to get right when doing it myself. If you have the wrong one, you can get a really wonky DA pull.

Also, be wary of going too light on the sear spring or you may have hammer follow issues. I had this with a Cajun Pro-Grade package after a few hundred rounds and had to switch to a stiffer sear spring.

Site Supporter
    Got a JMCK 2.5 Appendix holster. When I say this combo is stupidly easy to conceal, I'm not kidding. Under anything except a BJJ rash guard or spandex shirt, it just disappears. Even relatively close fitting T shirts.

As for comfort?

Well I wore it whole weekend, which included driving 6 hours to MN, doing new rotors and brake pads on all 4 wheels of my brothers car, then working with a stump grinder for 10 hours, then having an epic nerf battle with my 8 and 5 year old nephews, and driving 6 hours home. Didn't bother me.

As a much lower profile TDA adjunct to my LTT92, I think the gun is phenomenal. I still think it doesn't shoot as good as the full sized Beretta, but I'd choose it over a Glock 19 thus far. We will see how it looks reliability wise.

Last edited by 45dotACP; 07-12-2020 at 11:51 PM.

CZ P-07 = Mind Blown

1. anyone here want a gen1 P07 Duty lanyard loop? I'll trade you for a normal flush "Flat Hammer Spring Plug P-07".
    Feels like a waste to dremel a perfectly good part.

2. Looking at getting the factory 21 rounders (19 w +2 plastic ext), will these work reliably in my P07? Are they 'hard use'? at least harder use than the +2 Glock factory extensions that fall off when bumped. Was looking at them +5 aluminum extensions but buying the 21s, I could recoup by selling off my standard capacity magazines, but i'd only do that if the hi caps were reliable.

User Tag List