Page 56 of 121 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866106 ... LastLast

Thread: New CZ P-07 = Mind Blown

New CZ P-07 = Mind Blown

Quote Originally Posted by BigD View Post
    Thank you. I wasn’t aware of the latest rule change. (Used to be no external mods that weren’t available as a factory option)

I appreciate it.
    Glad to help. CZC and CGW both do a good job on parts and tuning. But the trigger feel is different. CZC single action breaks can be made a bit lighter, and many people like that. I prefer CGW because I do not like surprise SA breaks. I like a distinct, crisp wall.
    Last edited by Clusterfrack; 09-11-2019 at 06:15 PM.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Interesting. Lots of good info in this thread.

P 09 trigger bar spring dislodged during fire

ran into an unusual problem. brand new P-09. was on 2nd box of ammo (winchester 115gr FMJ) and trigger suddenly went dead. noticed a piece of wire on the shooting table under the pistol. looks like the trigger bar spring popped out of the frame so the trigger bar isn't engaging the sear. rather unimpressive. brand new pistol crapped out. of the hundreds upon hundreds of pistols I've owned over the years, I've never seen a hard stop so early.

I've reached out to CZ-USA and am awaiting an RMA. it might be an easy fix but I'm thinking CZ needs to deal with this. @Clusterfrack and the other CZ folk, is this a thing?

There's a channel under the trigger bar where the trigger bar spring rides. It's easy to put the spring back in its hole and replace it in the channel. I'm guessing that somehow the spring became dislodged. But in a properly functioning gun, I can't see how this would happen. I've never heard of this happening in a stock gun.

There's a 'mod' where the spring is bent down to reduce its stiffness. This reduces the DA trigger pull, but I worry that it could result in the the issue you describe. I've experimented with this mod in my practice P-07, and have 500 rounds through it with no issues.

If your gun did this and it was not modified in any way, I'd either inspect the trigger bar and make sure it's not defective, or sent it back to CZ and let them check it out.
    Last edited by Clusterfrack; 12-13-2019 at 10:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    There's a channel under the trigger bar where the trigger bar spring rides. It's easy to put the spring back in its hole and replace it in the channel. I'm guessing that somehow the spring became dislodged. But in a properly functioning gun, I can't see how this would happen. I've never heard of this happening in a stock gun.

There's a 'mod' where the spring is bent down to reduce its stiffness. This reduces the DA trigger pull, but I worry that it could result in the the issue you describe. I've experimented with this mod in my practice P-07, and have 500 rounds through it with no issues.

If your gun did this and it was not modified in any way, I'd either inspect the trigger bar and make sure it's not defective, or sent it back to CZ and let them check it out.
    thanks for the info

the trigger bar spring itself looks normal (appears identical to photos of the OEM spring). the trigger bar itself has a groove that I can visualize by looking through the mag well. however the small hole where the trigger bar spring inserts into the frame looks odd. it does not appear to accomodate the spring. my guess is that the spring was not properly pressed into the frame to keep it in place, and under recoil or trigger bar movement it allowed the spring to pop out. the overall design of the spring is similar to a beretta 92 with which i am more familiar, so as you point out it should stay put once it's in place.

i'm not going to shove the spring into the frame but rather will let CZ take a look at it.
    thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by Squib308 View Post
    thanks for the info

the trigger bar spring itself looks normal (appears identical to photos of the OEM spring). the trigger bar itself has a groove that I can visualize by looking through the mag well. however the small hole where the trigger bar spring inserts into the frame looks odd. it does not appear to accomodate the spring. my guess is that the spring was not properly pressed into the frame to keep it in place, and under recoil or trigger bar movement it allowed the spring to pop out. the overall design of the spring is similar to a beretta 92 with which i am more familiar, so as you point out it should stay put once it's in place.

i'm not going to shove the spring into the frame but rather will let CZ take a look at it.
    thanks again
    Pretty sure this isn't a "thing"

I never had it happen with my P-07 and it hasn't happened in close to the 6K rounds I put through my P-09 this year.

Personally, I wouldn't waste time and money shipping a gun back for what could easily be fixed at home by placing the spring in the hole it should be.

If the problem repeated, then I would send it back.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Sierra View Post
    Pretty sure this isn't a "thing"

I never had it happen with my P-07 and it hasn't happened in close to the 6K rounds I put through my P-09 this year.

Personally, I wouldn't waste time and money shipping a gun back for what could easily be fixed at home by placing the spring in the hole it should be.

If the problem repeated, then I would send it back.
    does your trigger bar spring seat easily into the frame hole? for example on a 92 it just drops in. on this P-09 it does not seem to want to go in. it would require me to put a considerable amount of force.

there is no harm having CZ examine the pistol
    i'm not a fan of dropping elbow grease to repair a brand new pistol
    furthermore if it was build this crappy they should look the thing over

understood this is an n =1 and may invoke some emotions among those who love the P-07/P-09. that being said it does not inspire faith in their QC.

--

edit

OK I played around for a while and got the trigger bar spring to seat in place. looking at the current position i cannot imagine how it ever popped out. regardless i will now get it back to the range and ensure it stays in place. thankfully this is not a carry pistol (at least yet) so it's ok if takes a whlie to get this sorted out. thank you both again
    Last edited by Squib308; 12-13-2019 at 12:06 PM.

Never had or heard of the trigger bar spring popping out like that either. I would not write off your P07 because of this. I am sure CZ will sort it out. I have owned two P07s and still own one. I also own three P09s and never had this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    I finally got around to replacing my 0.156" tall Night Fision front sight with a Dawson 0.190" tritium front on my ProGrade P-07.

You may recall that the NF set shot 4-6" high at 25 yds, and even higher at 50 yds. After a very helpful chat with Dave at CGW, and confirmation using Dawson's sight calculator, I ordered a taller (0.190") front and retained the very nice Night Fision rear.

I'm quite happy with the results using a top-of-blade sight picture.

Sad to hear the NF sights do not work great for the P07. Is NF aware that they need to make the front sight taller? I currently run staock CZ night sights, but was planning on going Night Fision when these go dim.

Quote Originally Posted by claymore504 View Post
    Sad to hear the NF sights do not work great for the P07. Is NF aware that they need to make the front sight taller? I currently run staock CZ night sights, but was planning on going Night Fision when these go dim.
    Yeah, that's a bummer. I contacted them, but they do not offer different front sight heights. I told them that theirs is way too short--at least in the two guns I have tried. However, I didn't get the sense that they were going to do anything about it. If people shoot at < 7yds, it doesn't matter.

The NF rear is truly excellent, and if I buy yet another P-07 I will try to order just the rear.

Here's what I'm running on my two P-07s:

NF Rear, 0.190" Dawson tritium front

Dawson Rear, 0.170" Dawson tritium front.
    Last edited by Clusterfrack; 12-13-2019 at 02:52 PM.

User Tag List