Page 52 of 121 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102 ... LastLast

Thread: New CZ P-07 = Mind Blown

Double post
    Last edited by Clusterfrack; 12-30-2018 at 01:35 PM.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by scottyjr07 View Post
    Do you find better stability with the P07 in a P09 AIWB? I have a JM 2.5 for my P07 and trying to figure out if going to a P09 holster is where I need to go. Sometimes I feel like the P07 holster wants to roll out but not always.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    I started with putting G19 Glocks in a JMCK G17 holster and liked it. When I started playing with P-07 I had the suppressor-ready version, and got the JMCK P-09 2.5 holster and liked it. Later I got a P-09, still all good. Then I got a JMCK 2.0 P-09 holster with the DCC clips - I prefer this for EDC, although I am faster with the 2.5 set for a higher ride and slight butt-high cant. No thought of roll-out.

I’ll admit I mostly carry OWB (I work from home, so, really, mostly) and swap to AIWB when I go out.
    Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

If you’re short, the P-09 holster may be uncomfortably long. I like the 07 length JMCK 2.5 set on the low-ride height, with my pillow wedge to keep it tucked in.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    I installed the CGW sear pin in my Prograde P-07. Here's the report:
    1. The custom sear pin has no effect on dropping the hammer to half-cock if the trigger pull is interrupted by an object at the moment the DA sear breaks. See my post on how to make this happen, and why I do not think this is a problem for most people.

2. The new pin eliminates the wobble that's present in the P-07 sear, and I think makes for a more crisp SA break. I will leave the pin in this gun and test further.

I will not be installing this pin in my mostly-OEM P-07. I am guessing that a tighter tolerance will not be as dirt-resistant. A bit of play in the sear isn't necessarily a design flaw in a gun that is very robust to poor conditions. (I have not experienced the issue described by CGW below in three high-round-count P-07s.)

CGW's description is as follows:
    "On all CZ P-07, P-09’s, the sear itself can move side to side, however this does not create a problem for all CZ P-07 and P-09’s. The problem with sear movement is related to the locating groove on the underside of the sear. This groove on the underside of the sear properly positions the disconnector in relation to the trigger bar.

If the sear moves enough, it can allow the disconnector to slip off the trigger bar, rendering the DA inoperative. The CGW sear pin has a wider locating shoulder to minimize the side to side movement of the sear."

Thanks, you saved me $8..

Quote Originally Posted by scottyjr07 View Post
    Do you find better stability with the P07 in a P09 AIWB? I have a JM 2.5 for my P07 and trying to figure out if going to a P09 holster is where I need to go. Sometimes I feel like the P07 holster wants to roll out but not always.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    I had a P09 length AIWB but unless the height was at the 2nd set of dots it was uncomfortable on me, but it also concealed less when carried lower. I just got a 2.0 JMCK with the DCC clips for the P07 and the height and length is perfect on me.

I had originally wanted the 2.5 with the DCC clips but Santa must have misunderstood and he brought me the 2.0 instead. No complaints after wearing it around for a couple days [emoji847]

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

300 rounds through the ProGrade P07 with the CGW sear pin. No problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    @Wynn615, any mods to this gun?
    I have the CGW gold hammer spring and CGW extended firing pin.

Quote Originally Posted by Wynn615 View Post
    I have the CGW gold hammer spring and CGW extended firing pin.
    Something's buggered in your reassembly. Did you bend any springs?

Did you bend your trigger bar spring?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I ordered my Dawson sights today and while I had my vise out I knocked the sights off of the P07 rather easily. When I get the new ones on I’ll post some pics.

User Tag List