Page 51 of 121 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101 ... LastLast

Thread: New CZ P-07 = Mind Blown

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    @Wynn615, any mods to this gun?
    Hmm, maybe not re-assembled properly?
    Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

A couple of CGW Sear Pins arrived today. I'm reluctant to add a part to fix a problem I don't have, but am curious enough to test it. I'll report soon.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

A couple of CGW Sear Pins arrived today. I'm reluctant to add a part to fix a problem I don't have, but am curious enough to test it. I'll report soon.
    Please post your results.. I'm kinda curious myself, although I haven't been able to replicate the problem on my pistol, and gave up trying..$8 for the pin, seems like cheap insurance though, and might be worth doing.
    Last edited by ralph; 12-30-2018 at 10:49 AM.

It could also introduce a problem, reduce reliability in dirty conditions, cause wear, etc.

Pretty sure the P-07 is going to be my next handgun buy. It’s all your fault @Clusterfrack and @GuanoLoco.

Me Culpa. Interestingly to me, with my preferred AIWB carry in a JMCK Wing Claw P-09 holster, I can carry a P-07, and more importantly a P-07 with +2 extended magazine - OR - I can carry a P-09 the same way with no additional printing.

My point is to seriously consider the P-09.
    Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

Do you find better stability with the P07 in a P09 AIWB? I have a JM 2.5 for my P07 and trying to figure out if going to a P09 holster is where I need to go. Sometimes I feel like the P07 holster wants to roll out but not always.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by GuanoLoco View Post
    Me Culpa. Interestingly to me, with my preferred AIWB carry in a JMCK Wing Claw P-09 holster, I can carry a P-07, and more importantly a P-07 with +2 extended magazine - OR - I can carry a P-09 the same way with no additional printing.

My point is to seriously consider the P-09.
    Thanks, I’m a 3:30 IWB guy, so butt length matters a bit more maybe. I handled a P-07 and P-09 the other day. Liked them both. Kinda worried about the Lays Potato Chip thing.

I really like my P-07s. They are my favorite carry gun, with a G19 in 2nd place.

I’m not a huge dude, so carrying a p-09 isn’t an option. Plus, the 07 does all I need.

New CZ P-07 = Mind Blown

I installed the CGW sear pin in my Prograde P-07. Here's the report:
    1. The custom sear pin has no effect on dropping the hammer to half-cock if the trigger pull is interrupted by an object at the moment the DA sear breaks. See my post on how to make this happen, and why I do not think this is a problem for most people.

2. The new pin eliminates the wobble that's present in the P-07 sear, and I think makes for a more crisp SA break. I will leave the pin in this gun and test further.

I will not be installing this pin in my mostly-OEM P-07. I am guessing that a tighter tolerance will not be as dirt-resistant. A bit of play in the sear isn't necessarily a design flaw in a gun that is very robust to poor conditions. (I have not experienced the issue described by CGW below in three high-round-count P-07s.)

CGW's description is as follows:
    "On all CZ P-07, P-09’s, the sear itself can move side to side, however this does not create a problem for all CZ P-07 and P-09’s. The problem with sear movement is related to the locating groove on the underside of the sear. This groove on the underside of the sear properly positions the disconnector in relation to the trigger bar.

If the sear moves enough, it can allow the disconnector to slip off the trigger bar, rendering the DA inoperative. The CGW sear pin has a wider locating shoulder to minimize the side to side movement of the sear."
    Last edited by Clusterfrack; 12-30-2018 at 01:58 PM.

User Tag List