Page 4 of 121 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast

Thread: New CZ P-07 = Mind Blown

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
    I don't know if polishing would affect my P07 due to the fact that's its pretty well broken in now, but I'm definitely curious to see how that goes for you. I hope you keep us posted.
    Will do

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
    The internet has no shortage of samples of one and people who don't shoot very much, so I think its pretty cool P-F has a pretty good sample of 07/09 owners who actually shoot. Its not exactly a TLG-style endurance test, but we should get a fair idea of how these guns hold up.
    The feedback here and on M4C gave the the final bit of confidence to get it. Most of it came from my experience with superb CZ bolt action rifles.

I had an '84 vintage non-B 75 that had the smoothest trigger of any handgun I've ever fired. I kind of regret letting that one go. The mouse trap trigger return spring is a known failure point. Keeping it oiled helps prevent that. The slide stop is the other Achilles heel of the design as it takes a lot of battering. I found that keeping the stop shaft greased helps to mitigate failure. One of my favorite second generation semi-autos.

Quote Originally Posted by s0nspark View Post
    Yes, please... ask if they plan on making the new H-TAC rear sight (for the P-07/09) available for CZ 75/SP-01 pistols...
    I was there yesterday afternoon. I dropped a pistol off for Cody, and brought a few slides in for some tweaking (different height front sight, etc.) Stuart, who is super nice in person as well as on the phone/email, took great care of me. I also got a sight tool from him that eases adjusting the rear sight, as when they install a Heinie and loctite that sucker in there with red!

Stuart was very complimentary of David at Cajun, and commended him for demystifying the CZ, and providing parts for folks to do their own stuff to them. We discussed the P07/09 stuff, and CZ's design criteria for them, which was to make a more Glock like pistol, that parts could interchange between pistols to make armoring them easier at a unit level. I don't think he thought CZ anticipated all the tweaking that would be done to them by the after market.

Front tritium sights for the P07/09 are about 4 weeks out, depending upon how quick Trijicon turns the inserts around, and no current plans to do the H-TAC sight for the CZ75/SP01.

Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

The IDPA debut will be delayed 2-3 weeks until my new holster (KT-Mech Gunfighter) gets here. My leather wet re-molding experiment was a failure.

Will run the 64-5 this coming Sunday.

The P07 is a perfect size for a carry gun. It is also stupid fast to reload, and the shape of the grip seems to prevent getting pinched with the magazine, like can happen to me with a G19.

For appendix carry, it seems the TDA equivalent of a G19.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    The P07 is a perfect size for a carry gun. It is also stupid fast to reload, and the shape of the grip seems to prevent getting pinched with the magazine, like can happen to me with a G19.

For appendix carry, it seems the TDA equivalent of a G19.

...and without some of the baggage.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk

Another 100 trouble free rounds today. After trying it DA/SA/controlled pairs/triples/SH/FS/WH, the large grip strap wins it for me. Strangely enough, that is what I had to run on my G17 to get the sights to align 100% of the time coming out of the holster.

I have always been intrigued with CZ pistols but have never owned one. I'm going to keep my eye out for a P-07 and try it out the next chance I get. I want to love my G19 but I have never been super comfy with the trigger reach and grip. I am also transitioning to AIWB and the CZ sounds like the ticket.

I am anxiously awaiting your competition report and updated on performance.
    Last edited by Irelander; 08-08-2014 at 07:15 AM.

I think I'm up to 350 rounds already since the 10 or so days I've had it. 50 of them 147 gr Rangers, the rest my reloads. All function perfect.

I managed to remold a leather IWB for it and just got a pair of kydex pouches and a KT-Mech kydex modular holster for it. Dry fire and draw drills with the new holster went well last night. I'm off to the range after work today to test the new carry gear with live fire.

IDPA on Sunday, will report back.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Sierra View Post
    I think I'm up to 350 rounds already since the 10 or so days I've had it. 50 of them 147 gr Rangers, the rest my reloads. All function perfect.

I managed to remold a leather IWB for it and just got a pair of kydex pouches and a KT-Mech kydex modular holster for it. Dry fire and draw drills with the new holster went well last night. I'm off to the range after work today to test the new carry gear with live fire.

IDPA on Sunday, will report back.
    I ordered an OWB KT Mech "Gunfighter" modular holster for my FNS. Price point was right, at least. How do you like yours so far?

User Tag List