Page 24 of 121 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474 ... LastLast

Thread: New CZ P-07 = Mind Blown

New CZ P-07 = Mind Blown

@GJM, yes I believe you must use the extended FP with the CGW ProGrade fire control parts. Mine will ignite military 5.56 primers.

Do you mean that if you hold the decocker while firing?
    Last edited by Clusterfrack; 07-06-2018 at 10:01 PM.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    @GJM

Do you mean that if you hold the decocker while firing?
    Not sure I would describe it as “hold” but rather “make unintentional contact” with it.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

New CZ P-07 = Mind Blown

My levers are pretty stiff. Although now that I think about it, I would like a slim low profile right side lever.
    Last edited by Clusterfrack; 07-06-2018 at 10:12 PM.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Take the slide off, and experiment with how much (or really little) movement of the decocker it takes to push the trigger bar down.

I filed on my left side decock lever tonight, to make it lower profile.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Not sure I would describe it as “hold” but rather “make unintentional contact” with it.
    My strong hand thumb practically rides the decocker lever and I've never experienced an issue.

Not saying it couldn't happen... but it hasn't for me.
    "A man's character is his fate."

@GJM, yes I believe you must use the extended FP with the CGW ProGrade fire control parts.
    Technically, I believe it is the reduced power firing pin spring that must be used with anything less than a stock hammer spring. The extended FP would certainly seem like extra insurance, though.

Also, CGW will only warranty the ProGrade parts when used as a kit so mixing and matching with stock parts is not recommended. There is some CYA in that, for sure, but i could see how it could be a delicate balance...

Quote Originally Posted by s0nspark View Post
    Technically, I believe it is the reduced power firing pin spring that must be used with anything less than a stock hammer spring. The extended FP would certainly seem like extra insurance, though.

Also, CGW will only warranty the ProGrade parts when used as a kit so mixing and matching with stock parts is not recommended. There is some CYA in that, for sure, but i could see how it could be a delicate balance...
    Thanks for the info on the ProGrade kit- I’d planned to buy pieces at a time, not the entire kit in one shot.
    This country needs an enema- Blues approved sig line

Quote Originally Posted by holmes168 View Post
    Thanks for the info on the ProGrade kit- I’d planned to buy pieces at a time, not the entire kit in one shot.
    Ok - my recollection was slightly fuzzy so I double-checked... it is actually the short reset kit (which is part of the ProGrade kit) that carries the disclaimer. They say:

You CANNOT use the OEM firing pin with the CGW lifter and disco, nor can you mix with any OEM parts. So do not substitute the OEM firing when using this kit; we will not warranty any parts, nor will we accept any returns unless all parts in the kit are used.

Also, the 18# HS carries this warning:

CGW music wire 18# hammer spring for P-07/09. This is our heaviest defensive weight spring and should only be used with our matching 97041 firing pin spring. It is not recommended to use this with the stock firing pin spring.
    Last edited by s0nspark; 07-07-2018 at 07:02 AM. Reason: more info

My levers are pretty stiff. Although now that I think about it, I would like a slim low profile right side lever.
    I did not care for the right side lever at all at first... it felt weird when it would make contact with my strong hand when decocking. I don't notice it much now, thank goodness.

For USPSA CO, I’d recommend looking at what the top competitors are using. Have you seen any M/GMs shooting a P07?
    Nope

Sent from my LG-TP450 using Tapatalk

User Tag List