Page 2 of 120 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: New CZ P-07 = Mind Blown

Very interesting report. Thank you for taking the time to share this. I'll be looking forward to the long term results as well. And a picture or two wouldn't hurt.

Pics to follow soon. Ordered a kydex pancake from KT-Mech, should be here in 2-3 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by s0nspark View Post
    I, too, struggled to master the Glock trigger for about 2 years and it just never happened for me.
    I am loathe to blame the gear for my shortcomings, but sometimes that is what it is.

I've been working with striker fired pistols since 2008 when I got my first M&P. In that span of time I've never been able to approach the speed and accuracy both, that I was able to achieve with a CZ in a day, with either M&Ps or Glocks.

That is what I call a clue. Now I see why some here rave about a TDA pistol that is the right size/ergos for one's hand. They are like cheating. And since I have been a long time revolver shooter, the DA first pull is absolutely no problem for me. It's natural enough to begin the trigger press as I press the gun out since I've been doing that with revolvers for years.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Sierra View Post
    I've been working with striker fired pistols since 2008 when I got my first M&P. In that span of time I've never been able to approach the speed and accuracy both, that I was able to achieve with a CZ in a day, with either M&Ps or Glocks.
    My improvement wasn't that dramatic, but I had a pretty similar experience. Something about the gun just clicked with me.

Site Supporter
    I have never shot a P07 but it's certainly on my want to try list

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Sierra View Post
    I am loathe to blame the gear for my shortcomings, but sometimes that is what it is.

I think of it more as a bad relationship rather than it being all the Glock's fault LOL

The clue for me was when I realized I shot other guns much better with less effort. Up until then I figured I just wasn't trying hard enough or practicing enough.

I am more of a DA/SA guy at heart, anyway - the "one trigger press" sounded good in theory but never really gave me the comfort level I get with DA/SA. Now things just click.

That is just me, though. To each their own.
    "A man's character is his fate."

My buddy Dan has one of these and I really don't understand why he doesn't shoot it more often. It is easy to shoot fast. We set up steel and I did some timed drills shooting on the move and the gun is really fast back on target. Ugly as homemade sin, but all the guns are these days.

Dry fired one that came into the shop today, I'm surprised anyone praises the stock double action pull.

Quote Originally Posted by Shenaniguns View Post
    Dry fired one that came into the shop today, I'm surprised anyone praises the stock double action pull.
    To this longtime revolver shooter, it is entirely acceptable as it comes. It is not unduly difficult to make the shot with it.

Like most revolvers out there, it also could benefit from some improvement.

Trigger weights (average of 5 pulls measured with digital Lyman scale):
    DA: 10 lbs
    SA: 4 lbs 3 ozs

My goal for the trigger, after reading C4iGrant's thread on M4C, is to have the bearing surfaces polished to reduce both pulls by 2 lbs +/-. That's it. No different springs or trick parts.

Already have a KM-Tech kydex modular holster as well as some JM and Comp-Tac mag holders on the way. In the meantime I've adjusted some of my old gunleather to work and will be running the pistol at this Sunday's IDPA.

I need to stop by the club this week to run some 147 gr Gold Dots and Rangers to see if it will eat them up or not.

User Tag List