Page 17 of 121 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767117 ... LastLast

Thread: New CZ P-07 = Mind Blown

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    is there an armorer’s video for the 07/09, or another good source of info beyond take it apart and then figure out how to get it back together?
    Where is your sense of adventure??? :-D

I used these videos when I got started - there may be something with better production available now, though...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VhX...Q2FMDvFsgCtXkF

ETA: IIRC this video is pretty good too, if a bit long https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGMnbeCv4gA

There is also an official armorer's manual available: https://shop.cz-usa.com/ProductDetai...rmorers-Manual
    Last edited by s0nspark; 06-01-2018 at 09:19 AM. Reason: more info
    "A man's character is his fate."

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    The result was dramatic. DA pull dropped from over 13# to 8#, the low end of the published spec for this gun. The SA pull smoothed out as well. Now if you aren't familiar with them, the OEM gun is hard to distinguish from the CGW ProGrade gun. The CGW P-07 has a crisper SA break, and a slightly shorter reset.
    A couple of small thoughts on this...

First, I think you nailed the biggest difference with the ProGrade kit - it is mainly about tuning up the SA - but I also noticed that the upgraded roller helped to smooth out the DA pull, as did dropping to a 15# hammer spring. It may be worth noting that the roller also corrects timing issues on some guns where the roughly machined stock part can lead to hammer follow in some circumstances.

Secondly, I have been rather surprised at how the stock guns have improved over the past few years. I've been shooting the P-series guns for 3+ years now and the out of the box trigger on the last gun I bought was night and day to the first. The first couple were really rough, especially coming from shooting the HK VP9. Had I never upgraded my guns to begin with I believe I'd be more than happy with the stock trigger of newer guns and minor reliability upgrades for carry... but once you know, you know :-)
    "A man's character is his fate."

Quote Originally Posted by s0nspark View Post
    Where is your sense of adventure??? :-D

I used these videos when I got started - there may be something with better production available now, though...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VhX...Q2FMDvFsgCtXkF

ETA: IIRC this video is pretty good too, if a bit long https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGMnbeCv4gA

There is also an official armorer's manual available: https://shop.cz-usa.com/ProductDetai...rmorers-Manual
    +1 on the joe mustang videos. His p09 CGW install video shows a complete tear down as well.

Greetings from Eastern WA......1st post. Been lurking on this forum for some time. I got bored today and decided to become a member.

Anyways, I love the P07. Great pistol!

It shoots far more accurately for me than any Glock as well. I purchased my first CZ in 2011. It was a standard 75b. Last year I decided to purchase another CZ that was a little easier to carry if I ever decided to carry a larger pistol. I couldn't believe how accurate the P07 was. I actually shot it as well as my standard 75b; however, I shot the P01 even better than my 75b and was sold. The P01 fit my hand just a hair better and it naturally points better for me than any handgun I've ever owned including 1911's. At 15 yards, I can shoot about a 2 inch group, which is almost as well as I shoot my rim-fire target pistols.

CZ has me sold!

All of these recent posts have inspired me to take a break from Glock and dust off the CGW P-07!

@cold-beer — welcome to Pistol-Forum. Hope to hear more from you soon.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    @cold-beer — welcome to Pistol-Forum. Hope to hear more from you soon.
    Ditto.

Warm welcome from Tampa.

I was talking w the CZ guys here at the vendor show at the OTOA conference the other day and asked them about new offerings in the P07/09. I was hoping they had a RAMI sized polymer DA/SA gun in the works. But no bueno. All their effort is going to new P10 offerings.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    I was talking w the CZ guys here at the vendor show at the OTOA conference the other day and asked them about new offerings in the P07/09. I was hoping they had a RAMI sized polymer DA/SA gun in the works. But no bueno. All their effort is going to new P10 offerings.
    BAH! I guess CZ was made painfully aware that is is a striker fired market right now.
    Don’t blame me. I didn’t vote for that dumb bastard.

Just when I thought I was out...it keeps pulling me back in!

So, earlier this week, I listed my P-07 locally. It's a gun I've thought about getting rid of several times, and then I shoot it again

It has been at least a year since I've shot it, so finished up today's range session with 50 yard double action only practice on a 9.5 x 20 in. steel plate. You probably can't see it too clearly, but my 2x4 finally cracked on the last shot. I seriously need to stop shooting it.

User Tag List