Page 15 of 121 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565115 ... LastLast

Thread: New CZ P-07 = Mind Blown

Well, looks like we've found the Achilles heel of the P-07. I'll be inspecting my roll pin and if it's worn, installing the CGW tempered steel FP retaining pin.

The CGW Firing Pin is supposed to be used with a 15# or lighter hammer spring, so that's a no-go on my stock gun.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

That's odd. I thought at one point it said to use with 18lb or less. I've been using it with the 18lber since I've had the gun. The 15lber wasn't working well at all on my 07s

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

It does look like they use different FPs for the SRT, I see different product numbers now
    61050 Extended Firing Pin *15# only
    61040 “Perfection” series extended S-7 tool steel firing pin (15# or 18#)

Quote Originally Posted by Mirolynmonbro View Post
    That's odd. I thought at one point it said to use with 18lb or less. I've been using it with the 18lber since I've had the gun. The 15lber wasn't working well at all on my 07s

The SRT kit page says "a reduced hammer spring" and sites both 15# & 18#. The firing pin page says on use a 15#

92030 Short Reset Kit P-07, P-09, P-01, & 75 Omega
    Please note: you CANNOT use the CGW firing pin with the OEM 20# hammer spring, you must use a reduced power HS. See the CGW HS-15 hammer spring for use with Federal and Winchester primers (range and competition use) only, or our HS-18 self-defense HS for the utmost in extreme reliability.
    61050 Extended Firing Pin
    Use with a 15# or less hammer spring
    Last edited by Artemas2; 01-29-2018 at 07:09 AM.

New CZ P-07 = Mind Blown

Interesting... I’ve only worked with the 61040 FP. It does run fine with either a 18# or 15# HS in my experience.

I’ll see if I can dig up more info on the other one.
    Last edited by s0nspark; 01-29-2018 at 07:28 AM.
    "A man's character is his fate."

OK - per Scott @ CGW:

Same firing pin, the 61040 was at one time used just for the P07-P09. But we use the same firing pin in both now so there is no 61040. Just a 61050.

In the end there can be only one

... and it obviously works fine with an 18# HS in the P-07/P-09 because that is what they use in the ProGrade kit by default.

ETA: Scott followed up to say that the 18# is not mentioned in the description because you wouldn't use that in a metal framed gun. It is a bit confusing the way they present the info, then.
    Last edited by s0nspark; 01-29-2018 at 09:09 AM. Reason: added Scott's followup

Looks like CGW says we cannot use the 61050 FP with an OEM 20# hammer spring in the P-07?

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Looks like CGW says we cannot use the 61050 FP with an OEM 20# hammer spring in the P-07?
    Right - using the extended FP with a 20# stock HS would not be a recipe for success, apparently

I just installed the CGW Tempered FP Retaining Pin in my otherwise-stock P-07. The OEM roll pin showed a little wear, but not much. I've done quite a bit of dryfire, so my results aren't entirely consistent with the other reports of pin-destruction. That said, if you plan on doing a lot of dryfire without a piece of foam earplug over the FP, the CGW retaining pin seems like prudent preventive maintenance.

The install is very simple, but there are a few things to pay attention to. I used a roll pin starter punch (the one with the hole in it) to keep the new pin vertical and oriented with the split at 12:00. The FP must be oriented properly, and kept completely compressed flush against the back of the slide, or there will be serious buggery. I used a quick clamp and a .32 ACP case to accomplish this. After the new pin is installed, check for any binding, and check function of the gun by launching a pencil straight up.

Does anyone use the oversized roller? CGW website says it helps with timing issues. What are timing issues?

Quote Originally Posted by Mirolynmonbro View Post
    Does anyone use the oversized roller? CGW website says it helps with timing issues. What are timing issues?
    There may be other kinds of timing issues but the ones I've heard of involve DA or SA trigger pulls landing at half cock instead of firing OR the decocker dropping to fire instead of half cock. In other words not safe at all ;-)

Rollers are sold in 3 sizes currently and you should choose based on the size of the one you are replacing - the new roller should be the same or slightly bigger.

It is worth mentioning also that CGW does not warranty a mixture of stock and upgrade internals - if you replace the roller you need to follow suit with the lifter, etc. The hammer is optional but any parts that work together need to be all stock or all upgrades.

User Tag List